Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Label for "Other" option missing

• Elita
  • Elita's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #193490 by Elita
Label for "Other" option missing was created by Elita
Hello, testing Limesurvey Version 4.0.1+200120 - some thoughts so far:
1) question edit interface is annoyingly slow; after save I get "waiting for cache" everything freezes so browser throws the "Page unresponsible" message;
I imported survey from Version 3.22.0+200127. survey is very long 29 groups, 1-3 questions in the group. Prhaps that is the problem or might be the server settings?
2) Was not able to find where to add the Label for "Other" option in List (radio) type question.
3) why is that "Question overview" tab needed for?!?!!? it takes additional click to edit the question or doublecklick (found out that by mistake when annoyingly clicked in that mode trying to edit the question) on question text that opens Question editor. What this "Question overview" mode is ment to use for?

Regards,
ELita
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 2 months ago #193493 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Label for "Other" option missing
Hi, Elita,

1. I agree.

2) Was not able to find where to add the Label for "Other" option in List (radio) type question.

A week ago there was a post in the German part about this.
www.limesurvey.org/forum/german-forum/12...etypen-%C3%A4nderbar

3) why is that "Question overview" tab needed for?!?!!? it takes additional click to edit the question or doublecklick (found out that by mistake when annoyingly clicked in that mode trying to edit the question) on question text that opens Question editor. What this "Question overview" mode is ment to use for?

A user without rights to edit a survey only gets this overview display (without option to change)

Anyway, you can set the editor to start in "Edit mode" in "My account / My Personal Settings / Directly show edit mode"

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • Elita
More
4 years 2 months ago #193496 by Elita
Replied by Elita on topic Label for "Other" option missing
Oh, thank you, Joffm, for the Edit mode alteration :) you saved me time and nerves :)
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 2 months ago #193498 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Label for "Other" option missing

Elita wrote: 1) question edit interface is annoyingly slow; after save I get "waiting for cache" everything freezes so browser throws the "Page unresponsible" message;
I imported survey from Version 3.22.0+200127. survey is very long 29 groups, 1-3 questions in the group. Prhaps that is the problem or might be the server settings?

Did you have a LimeSUrvey 3.X instance on the same server ?

If yes : please : report this issue comparing the 2 system (on same question)
And if you use Chrome or firefox : you can take screenshot of network log ( F12/ newtwork on both)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • Elita
More
4 years 2 months ago #193500 by Elita
no, sorry, on different servers.
Found new Limesurvey version for download, so upgraded Limesurvey to Version 4.1.1+200203
and
increased PHP (7.3.14) settings as follows:

memory_limit - 564M
max_execution_time - 3000
max_input_time - 8000
max_input_vars = 25000

Seems to perform better (not great) - when loading I can see those green loading squares however browser error does not show anymore.
Still have following problem though:
on the left side in Structure view while clicking on the question or group limesurvey loads only upper buttons; the rest is blank on the right side. Question edit window appears only after page refreshing (browser refresh, so far tested Chrome and Opera).
Sometimes after refreshing everything loads except Save button. Then I have to refresh again... and so on till question edit appears.
  • Joffm
More
4 years 2 months ago #193503 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Label for "Other" option missing
In this case I can only repeat what "cdorin" posted 4 days ago:
Till then, please test LS 4 and report all the issues/feature requests on bugs.limesurvey.org

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #193519 by DenisChenu

memory_limit - 564M

Really too big (i mean keep it if you can, just a dev note)

Except for statitics or big survey and some other : we muts not need all of this memory.

About Browser speed : maybe you can provide screenshot comparing Browser Loading and make bug report :)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by DenisChenu.
  • Elita
More
4 years 2 months ago #193525 by Elita
will do. later. Now switched to ls 3 since it ws impossible to edit that survey on LS4. found some other small bugs too - wil report them.
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 2 months ago #193534 by DenisChenu

Elita wrote: will do. later. Now switched to ls 3 since it ws impossible to edit that survey on LS4. found some other small bugs too - wil report them.

Please please :)

More
4 years 2 months ago #193916 by cdorin
Replied by cdorin on topic Label for "Other" option missing
1) question edit interface is annoyingly slow; after save I get "waiting for cache" everything freezes so browser throws the "Page unresponsible" message;

We are working to make it more stable and faster -> please report all the issues in the bugs tracker.

Please report missing question attributes -> all the question attributes that exist in LS3 must exist in LS4 as well.

Just a different way to display the options on the topbar since not all of them fit nicely there. That may be something that will change in the future + see joffm's reply.

Thank you for your inputs! :)

Manual: manual.limesurvey.org/LimeSurvey_Manual
Bugs tracker: bugs.limesurvey.org/my_view_page.php
If you self-host and need help, contact one of our partners: limesurvey.com
Please do not contact me via PM - thank you.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose