Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

reordering group

• kmiller760
  • kmiller760's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #190574 by kmiller760
reordering group was created by kmiller760
I am have having trouble getting any groups to reorder.

I have attempted to follow these instructions: manual.limesurvey.org/Reorder_questions_...ring_question_groups

When I drag a group to a new position in the list of groups, the group seems to drop in place then the page is rerendered with the group in the original locations. This occurs regardless of the questions in the group (I've tried it with groups that have no references to other items in the survey). The survey is not active. I am running v3.15.9. (axaj is turned off for the survey)

I did not see any other forum posts on this. I'm assuming I must be missing something simple and this can't actually be a bug. Ideas of what configurations might be wrong?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 4 months ago #190576 by holch
Replied by holch on topic reordering group
I don't see how the Ajax mode in the survey could impact the behaviour of the GUI in the backend, so this should not be an issue.

So to reorder question groups I usually would drag and drop them on the left side "Survey Structure".

However, certain conditions might prevent you from reordering groups, so you might have to check if there are any conditions that prevent you from reordering.

E.g. you have the groups in the following order:

1. Group A
2. Group B
3. Group C

And group C has a condition based on questions in group B. Then you can't move Group C before group B, because a condition can only work with questions that are located before the group, not after.

Here what the manual says about that (from your link):

Attention : Questions are displayed according to the order you set from the "reordering panel". However, conditions might prevent the reordering of the questions. In this case, you will have to delete or change the respective conditions first.

So this might be a potential issue. I would also not complete want to exclude the possibility of a bug in your version, which is already relatively old, I think we are currently at 3.19.x. What you could do is to export your survey and upload it at the demo here and see if you also can't reorder the groups.

But first check the conditions.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• kmiller760
More
4 years 4 months ago #190583 by kmiller760
Replied by kmiller760 on topic reordering group
Thank you. I will test. I had already tested on my own system with a group that had no conditions.
  • kmiller760
More
4 years 4 months ago #190588 by kmiller760
I have updated to 3.19.3+192023. No joy.
I tried to upload it to the demo. It is too big to upload. Any other ideas?
  • holch
More
4 years 4 months ago #190589 by holch
So your survey is too big to be imported? Maybe there is a specific limit for the demo. You could add it here as an LSS file and we could have a look.

If you don't want to post your survey publicly, you cans send it to me via PM (provide a link for download) and I'll have a look at it when I find the time.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• holch
More
4 years 4 months ago #190590 by holch
and I hope your new version is actually 3.19.3+191023, because we only have 12 Months per year, not 20. ;-)

• kmiller760
More
4 years 4 months ago #190591 by kmiller760
Yes. typo.
Thank you. I will post here. Trying to move group cddr_youth25 to just after cddr_youth23. But it is 2.5mb so won't upload here either.So will try direct to you.
  • holch
More
4 years 4 months ago #190593 by holch
The Google Drive link says I don't have the rights. You need to give the folder/file the rights so anyone can download.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose