Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Assessment score

• Zacharyx
  • Zacharyx's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #189319 by Zacharyx
Assessment score was created by Zacharyx
I am having issues getting the assessment total to display after the survey is submitted. I am using limesurvey offline on a class network I use to train Marines.

I have the correct answer for each question with an assessment value of 1 and the incorrect ones at 0

I have attached screen shots of my ending text and the assessment rule

File Attachment:

File Name: MUOS1test_...9-30.lss
File Size:41 KB
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 6 months ago #189322 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Assessment score
Here an excerpt from the manual:

{TOTAL}: It displays the total score. It can be used only in the message field of the assessment rule!

manual.limesurvey.org/Assessments

So {TOTAL does not work in the End message (bottom right in your last screenshot), only in the message of the assessment rule, your 1st, 2nd and 3rd screenshot.

It works for me here:

By the way: Not sure this is a mistake, but all correct answers have an assessment value of 1, except for one that gives you 16 (!!!) points. This means, if you get one answer right, you have already over 50% of the total points (12 questions in total). Not sure if this really makes sense. Only if this question is the one that everyone should get right and you want them all above 50%. ;-)

By the way: Aced it! Scored 27 points. Am I now qualified as a marine? ;-)

However, in general, I would recommend to use expression manager and equation questions to calculate assessments, because the assessment total is NOT saved in the database. And it gives you much more flexibility in terms of where you want to use it, etc.

I have attached a little example how I would do it.
I have included an equation question B001 at the end of the questions that calculates the sum of all assessment values of the previous 12 questions that have an assessment value applied to (N001 of course is not included in the sum). After testing I would hide this question so that the respondents don't see it ("always hide this question" in the settings for the question), but it will be saved to the database, so you can access it.

And then in the end message you can display the result from this question via {B001}.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Zacharyx
More
4 years 6 months ago #189331 by Zacharyx
Replied by Zacharyx on topic Assessment score
Thank you for the help, I must have misread the manual

I probably missed the 16 from when I was originally going to make the total score 100

Your 27 would put you above many who sit in the waveform class, then again you did not sit through 2 hours of death by powerpoint before the test and have to fight sleep. Not sure what the guys who developed the course where thinking, then again they are the same guys who felt carrying around hard copies of these forms just to scan them when you get back was a good idea.
  • holch
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #189332 by holch

Your 27 would put you above many who sit in the waveform class,

What do you mean with "above many"? This is the perfect score. There are not more points to gain.

then again you did not sit through 2 hours of death by powerpoint before the test and have to fight sleep.

Yes, not only did I not have to go through this, but I also had access to the programmed questionnaire and I could have a look at the correct answers... ;-)

But so could the participants, if I understood the introductory text correctly. But it was a joke anyway. ;-)

Not sure what the guys who developed the course where thinking, then again they are the same guys who felt carrying around hard copies of these forms just to scan them when you get back was a good idea.

Traditions...

You won't believe it, but even in market research (we treat with questionnaires all day), there are people that still do paper and pencil questionnaires, instead of tablet and programmed.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by holch.
  • Zacharyx
More
4 years 6 months ago #189336 by Zacharyx
Replied by Zacharyx on topic Assessment score
would't happen to be an Access guru as well would you?
  • holch
More
4 years 6 months ago #189339 by holch
No.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose