Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

SOLVED (sorta): Data Policy Settings STARTPOLICYLINK and ENDPOLICYLINK

• bulgin
  • bulgin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #187529 by bulgin
Version 3.17.7+190627

Below was the original post. The usage should say something like "place the policy link *between* the placeholders such as: {STARTPOLICYLINK} www.this-is-my-policy.com {ENDPOLICYLINK}"

But even with that, although there is now a clickable link, there is no language next to the clickable link that states something like "Click to view our privacy policy". As such it wouldn't pass as a legitimate policy link in the U.S. where these things need to be explicit and clear.

===============================
Original post:

How is one supposed to use the {STARTPOLICYLINK} and {ENDPOLICYLINK}?

The way it is written it sounds like I am supposed to input a URL for my start or end links, but when I put in, for example,
{ www.mystartpolicydocument.com } all that shows is:

{ www.mystartpolicydocument.com }

Or, if I simply put in:

{STARTPOLICYLINK}

again that is all that is shown.

What is the secret to finding out where I store the variable for the {STARTPOLICYLINK}? And what exactly is an {ENDPOLICYLINK} anyway? I mean, a policy is a policy, I don't know how it can have a part called "start" and another part called "end".

I'm clearly not clear on this.

I couldn't find any information in the Lime survey documentation other than the below, explaining how to use these placeholders.

If you want to specify a link to the survey data policy, set "Show survey policy text with mandatory checkbox" to "Collapsible text" and use the placeholders {STARTPOLICYLINK} and {ENDPOLICYLINK} in the "Survey data policy checkbox label" field to define the link that opens the policy popup. If there is no placeholder given, there will be an appendix.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by bulgin.
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 7 months ago #187530 by Joffm
Hi, bulgin,
It is very appreciated that you tell us when you have found out for yourself. Then nobody has to give an additional - not necessary - answer.

But even with that, although there is now a clickable link, there is no language next to the clickable link that states something like "Click to view our privacy policy". As such it wouldn't pass as a legitimate policy link in the U.S. where these things need to be explicit and clear.

But of course it is:
If it is a multilingual survey you have this in the data policy settings
For each language there is the option to enter the text of the link and the text of the message.

English:

Spanish:

And in the survey there you see:

Regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • bulgin
  • bulgin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 7 months ago #187532 by bulgin
Thanks Joffm - Limesurvey is a real powerhouse. I love that it's opensource with community input. That only makes it a better platform all around.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose