Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Automatically email a monthly summary report to managers?

• russconte
  • russconte's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #185387 by russconte
Hi,

I'm working on an employee survey. Is there a way for LimeSurvey to automatically email a summary report to managers for their employees, such as on the 1st day of each month for the prior month? Same for quarterly and annual summaries.

It's a deal breaker if managers have to log in to search for this, our goal is to make it as easy to use for managers as possible, so send it to them automatically, instead of giving them more to do to get the results.

We can assume that we've uploaded a CSV file with the employee names, Unique ID, start date, end date, job title, duties, manager, and location, and that we've texted out at least one survey in that time period that has been completed.

What can be available in this automatic summary beyond a summary of the responses (e.g. "For question #3 the average response was 4.5")? Can we get such data as a response rate? If there are any questions consistently skipped? Can we alert managers to any red flags based on conditions? For example, set a red flag if more than 5% of employees in a given department rate their job satisfaction as below average as reported on question 4. What other data or analyses can we provide to managers to address employee responses?

If this is possible, how is it set up? Any help would be warmly appreciated!

Thanks,

Russ Conte
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 9 months ago #185392 by DenisChenu

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • russconte
  • russconte's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #185397 by russconte
Thank you very much! I didn't even think to look in plug-ins!

Best wishes,

Russ Conte
  • Joffm
More
4 years 9 months ago #185401 by Joffm
Hi,
in my opinion the best way is to develop your own application based on the LimeSurvey API or with direct access to the database.
The use a cron job to run it and send the results.

Can we get such data as a response rate?

Of course. You know the number of invitation, number of started interviews, number of completed interviews.

If there are any questions consistently skipped?

If a question is skipped there must be a condition why it is skipped. So you know the number of answers to this "condition question".

Can we alert managers to any red flags based on conditions? For example, set a red flag if more than 5% of employees in a given department rate their job satisfaction as below average as reported on question 4.

Same as before. Calculate the percentage of answers below that average.

What other data or analyses can we provide to managers to address employee responses?

How can we know the objectives of your survey. IMO this has to be provided by them.

Best regards
Joffm

Some examples:

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #185403 by jelo

Joffm wrote: in my opinion the best way is to develop your own application based on the LimeSurvey API or with direct access to the database.

Nice examples. What technology stack was used there? E.g. how was authentication (restriction to dashboard) solved?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by jelo.
  • Joffm
More
4 years 9 months ago #185405 by Joffm
@Jelo,
this is a prototype to show what is possible to a client. Therefore there are many different chart types.
It's a php script with direct access to the database, charts are Highchart.

The application is thought to be customized for each client and each survey.
Not a general one.

Joffm

If you want to know more, let's continue in German.

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
More
4 years 9 months ago #185409 by jelo
Thanks. I got my answers (direct PHP -> DB, Highchart, no user management).

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #185448 by Mazi

Joffm wrote: It's a php script with direct access to the database, charts are Highchart.

Hey Joff, looks like we are following a pretty similar approach. We have also created half a dozen dashboard based on Highcharts. The data is read directly from the Limesurvey database and is presented using different chart types. For logging in to the dashboard we are checking Limesurvey user accounts and the "view statistics" rights of these user. Some examples:

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Mazi. Reason: added note about user logins
More
4 years 9 months ago #185507 by jelo

Mazi wrote: Hey Joff, looks like we are following a pretty similar approach.

Seems to be the only approach for real world scenarios. I'm still waiting to see a complete dashboard via remote API. The restrictions seems to be too high for that.

One central dash, which connects to N LimeSurvey installations would be interesting.

• DenisChenu
More
4 years 9 months ago #185509 by DenisChenu
In my opinion, have a real and adapted dashbord using API and an existing system to construct dashboard is the only way to have something really adapated.

We can do better in LimeSurvey to have «simple dashboard» :

For example :
1. Choice of sorting : «flat sorting» or «cross sorting»
2. Question choose for sorting
3. Advanced : filter by (start by one question signe choice)
4. Choice of view : Graph type and/or text type

But after i think a real solution is always need : usage of shiny.rstudio.com/ with R export for example.
If another solution exist and need a specific export : it can be done in plugin :)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
4 years 9 months ago #185542 by holch
Shiny seems to be a good one, but the open source server seems to have some quite important limitations (no user management/password protection), but I might read this table wrong:
www.rstudio.com/products/shiny/shiny-server/

Now Shiny Server Pro seems to be quite expensive and thus prohibitive for many Limesurvey users, I think (heard of something like Euro 10.000 for a license or so?).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
4 years 9 months ago #185690 by jelo
The remote API seems to be lacking too much at the moment.

If the development strategy of LimeSurvey is aligned to SaaS users, I see more code directly placed into the core around the current statistics part.

As long as the remote API is not heavily used by SaaS functionality, it's up to a few sponsored features.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose