Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Ranking question on mobile devices (problem with dragging/scrolling)

• maxersloan
  • maxersloan's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #184675 by maxersloan
Hi,

I found an issue with the ranking question when I tested the survey on my iPhone (any browser). It will only let me drag and drop directly across (horizontally) from the "choices" to the "ranking". If I try to move it up or down, it scrolls the page. The same thing happens if I try to move answers in the "ranking" section up or down. So I'm unable to properly rank them. It is especially problematic if the answer options are long and you need the ability to scroll.

Also, the "ranking_advanced" option is actually impossible to answer on my iPhone. (I'm unsure if these problems also exist for Android, I don't have a device to test with).

Here is an example. I've also attached the survey. The first group has long answers. The second group has short answers.

www.datamaxsurveys.net/survey/index.php/442798?lang=en

I'm new to 3.0, so I'm not sure if there's maybe just a setting or a template/theme adjustment that I need to make? But based on previous posts on this issue, it seems like a difficult one to solve. The issue is the same using 2.6lts (using a mobile-optimized template I purchased from LimeSurvey Template Shop). If I need to report a bug, I'm happy to do so. But I wanted to check here first. Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 10 months ago #184677 by jelo

maxersloan wrote: But based on previous posts on this issue, it seems like a difficult one to solve. The issue is the same using 2.6lts (using a mobile-optimized template I purchased from LimeSurvey Template Shop)

If the issue is already discussed (even for LS 2.06 LTS), you should submit a bug report.
What version of LimeSurvey is used?And did you check with a shipped theme?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • maxersloan
More
4 years 10 months ago #184678 by maxersloan

What version of LimeSurvey is used?

It happens with both versions that I'm using: 3.17.3+190429 and 2.6.7-lts Build 171212.

And did you check with a shipped theme?

Sorry. I'm not sure what a shipped theme is. It sounds like "themes" replaced "templates" in 3.0. But that's about all I know. I tried it with the 4 themes that came with 3.0 (Bootswatch, Fruity, Material, and Vanilla).
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 10 months ago #184680 by holch
"Shipped themes" == Design templates / themes that come with Limesurvey by default. While I guess the themes that come from the LimeSurvey Template Shop should be compatible, it often happens that customized or third party templates can cause problems, which then are not really Limesurvey related, but related to the template.

But this was only an explanation to what Jelo wanted to say. If the problem appears also with the templates that came with LS by default, then it might be a bug.

I can't confirm, because I don't have any iOS device to test with right now. But in general, I don't think the ranking question is ideal on mobile devices. Especially with your long texts, it is hardly possible to see all the choices on the same screen and this makes this type of ranking extremely difficult on a smaller screen.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
4 years 10 months ago #184686 by jelo
I recommend to submit a bugreport first. Then discuss it. If the issue is existing since 2017 (LTS) and there is no bugticket, it still can be a overlooked bug. Many forum threads are sitting there without any bugticket and are forgotten. Bugticket first is helping to identify issues around GUI or default settings too. Even if it is no bug, but a setting, the bugticket still indicates a field for improvement.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 10 months ago #184694 by DenisChenu
I'm totally unsure on the best solution …

Maybe on little screen, we need to show dropdown (like when you disable javascript).

It can be done with css update to .js .ls-js-hidden-sr (lot of css) restricted for little screen and ranking question type …

For advanced : it's clearly an issue

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • maxersloan
More
4 years 10 months ago #184699 by maxersloan
Thanks everyone. I submitted a bug report:

bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=14921
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • Erutll_197751
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 8 months ago #186818 by Erutll_197751
I have the same issue. Just happens in iPhone.

sonrisasideales.es/encuesta/465944

Also there are another problem: in iPhone doesn't work make double clic to ranking images.
More
4 years 8 months ago #187569 by RitaShen
Hi Erutll_197751,

is this the "Card Sort" question or just ranking question?

thanks,
Rita
  • Joffm
More
4 years 8 months ago #187575 by Joffm
Hi, Rita,
this is a ranking question (advanced ranking).

There is another post about his problems on iphones.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose