Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Output and format options for Lime Survey

• ethridge123a
  • ethridge123a's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago #196427 by ethridge123a
Output and format options for Lime Survey was created by ethridge123a
I will preface my comments by saying I am completely new to this forum and am learning my way around about the various features of Lime Survey.

I am in the process of exploring different options for conducting a research project using Maxdiff (or Best - Worst scaling) analysis. My collaborators and I were wondering what type of file format was typical of the output from a Lime Survey project. Specifically, they were curious if answers to questions could be easily formatted into a CSV or Excel that could in turn be fed into a standard statistics package such as Stata or R.

Any help or comments here appreciated. Thank you.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 1 week ago #196435 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Output and format options for Lime Survey
You have R export plugin and STATA export plugin.

Directly ....

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • Joffm
More
4 years 1 week ago #196437 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Output and format options for Lime Survey

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • holch
More
4 years 1 week ago #196508 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Output and format options for Lime Survey
In addition to the answers given by Denis and Joffm: The best way is to create a little survey (you could even do it in the online demo), activate it and fill it with some answers. Then export those answers in the different formats and see what comes out. LS is no Black Box, you can try it and see what it gives you and if it matches your need.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
4 years 1 week ago #196590 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Output and format options for Lime Survey

holch wrote: In addition to the answers given by Denis and Joffm: The best way is to create a little survey (you could even do it in the online demo), activate it and fill it with some answers. Then export those answers in the different formats and see what comes out. LS is no Black Box, you can try it and see what it gives you and if it matches your need.

Yes, but R and STATA must be activated in plugin management :)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
4 years 1 week ago #196644 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Output and format options for Lime Survey

Yes, but R and STATA must be activated in plugin management

Yes, but I had the impression that the were more worried about the structure how these questions are stored, rather than the format:

Specifically, they were curious if answers to questions could be easily formatted into a CSV or Excel

If they look at the Excel/CSV file, they already get a good impression on how the answers are stored. SPSS and R exports might change the file format, but I don't think that the general structure (columns) will change for these exports.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Joffm
More
4 years 1 week ago #196645 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Output and format options for Lime Survey

Specifically, they were curious if answers to questions could be easily formatted into a CSV or Excel that could in turn be fed into a standard statistics package such as Stata or R.

I read this as if he didn't know that there is an option to directly export to R or Stata.
Therefore the way to first export to csv or EXCEL and then import this into R/Stata.

So, let's guess, but ethridge may clarify.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose