Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Close survey based on the sum of field answers

• ruisampaioAMVP
  • ruisampaioAMVP's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #191000 by ruisampaioAMVP
Close survey based on the sum of field answers was created by ruisampaioAMVP
Hi,

I want to create a survey for my music teachers to apply their students to a concert.
Each student will be a different entry and will apply to play a music with some duration (5 minutes, 3 minutes, 4:30 minutes, etc) -> DURATION field.

I want to limit the total duration of the concert, so when the sum of the DURATION field reachs let's say 40 minutes, the survey don't accept more answers from the teachers.

How can I do this?

Thank you very much
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 5 months ago #191002 by jelo

ruisampaioAMVP wrote: I want to limit the total duration of the concert, so when the sum of the DURATION field reachs let's say 40 minutes, the survey don't accept more answers from the teachers.

How can I do this?

That is not implemented in LimeSurvey. You might get some ideas with workarounds. But that involves coding and investing time into the tool. You might be better off looking for a real booking tool, which allows you to define slots and resources out of the box.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 5 months ago #191010 by holch

You might get some ideas with workarounds. But that involves coding and investing time into the tool. You might be better off looking for a real booking tool, which allows you to define slots and resources out of the box.

But I fear that even those tools will not have this very specific requirement out of the box.

Also, don't forget the time in between each song. You probably can't and won't go from one song directly to the next song, but rather there will be an introduction, etc. To be hones, I don't think you will be able to "automate" this in a simple way. I would rather calculate a slot of 5min for everyone and then adapt later accordingly.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose