Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Join Users and participants

• AbrahamUAB
  • AbrahamUAB's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #181308 by AbrahamUAB
Join Users and participants was created by AbrahamUAB
Hi,

I'm Software Engineer from UAB in Catalonia. I devoloped a Survey Tool for my university ten years ago, and now we are thinking to change our Sorvey Tool to LimeSurvey.
Now I'm testing LimeSurvey and have many questions.

First of all, I install the last version of LS. We use a single sing-on CAS for the authentication of all user of university, and i installed the CAS LOGIN Plugin.

Then i modifed the MySql tables, and disabled autoincrement and use the univeristy id for de User ID.

Well, now I need join the participant ID with the same University ID when the people Log-in Via CAS, and not use the token or mail validation.

I try change the table of participants like user table, disable AutoIncrement and change the ID for the University ID from a Excel or csv charge.
And when anyone new login, apears in User Table, but i can't see the the Survey in the Survey List.

Thanks for your time and help :)
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 1 month ago #181311 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Join Users and participants
I think best os to create a plugin to «authenticate» public user

This manual.limesurvey.org/BeforeRegister or manual.limesurvey.org/BeforeSurveyPage can be used.

And « I need join the participant ID with the same University ID when the people Log-in Via CAS» really bad solution … save it elsewhere or in an attribute, but don't broke auto increment

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AbrahamUAB
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose