Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Sub -Domains with access to different surveys

• advanz_lu
  • advanz_lu's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #176669 by advanz_lu
Hello,

I'm looking for a way of setting up various sub-domains which all point to the same LimeSurvey installation but each "sees" a different set of surveys.

I don't want to install multiple copies of LimeSurvey for each sub-domain. When I configure httpd (apache/nginx) I want to rewrite to redirect to a specific URL per sub-domain (survey organiser).

In practice : This would allow one Limesurvey installation (only one administrator!) to set up surveys for various organisations. These organisations either rewrite access to survey.theirdomain.tld to this URL on the LimeSurvey host Or I set up a redirect from theirorganisation.mydomain.tld on the LimeSurvey host. Either way they should land on the same URL and no organisation sees the other organisations surveys. (unless they know the URL or course).

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

-Graham-
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 5 months ago #176675 by holch
Limesurvey is not multi tenant. I think even the Limesurvey-Pro installations are one per account.

I don't think you can easily do this with the current permission structure.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
5 years 5 months ago #176676 by holch
Or are you only referring to the survey links that are shown on the index page of Limesurvey and do not talk about access to surveys via the backend?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• advanz_lu
  • advanz_lu's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #176688 by advanz_lu
Replied by advanz_lu on topic Sub -Domains with access to different surveys
Currently all surveys are shown on the index page of limesurvey.
What I want to achieve is to set up one limesurvey installation (only one admin backend who sets up all the surveys) but each organisation that wants to run a survey only has a "view" on the front end (index) on their surveys.

Make sense?
More
5 years 5 months ago #176695 by jelo

advanz_lu wrote: but each organisation that wants to run a survey only has a "view" on the front end (index) on their surveys.

Front end means no login in LimeSurvey.

With index holch and me mean the public listing of running surveys.
That listing can be modified via the theme engine twig.
You might be able to create views, which depend on the redirection parameter from the subdomains redirect.
You won't be able to stay in these subdomains, they would redirect to the limesurveyinstallation with a URL parameter to inform the twig theme to hide/show certain parts.

It might be better to create a php script which pulls the data for certain surveys and display them in the subdomain webspace.

I have no readymade script, cause I never had the interest in showing a public list of running surveys.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #176700 by holch
Depending on the frequency of changes to this list, it might actually be simpler to create HTML files for each subdomain and insert/exclude survey links manually. Of course, if you have a very long list of surveys per company and/or a high frequency in changes to this list, then it is probably worth investing time/money in developing such portal pages and automate them.

(I am currently imagining a set of standard questionnaires that should be accessible to each company and their employees, but of course this can be a totally wrong assumption. But if it would be a set of constantly changing questionnaires and would be for consumers, then you probably wouldn't want it with this public survey list anyway).

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by holch.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose