Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Personalizing questions based on another survey results

• n0e1983
  • n0e1983's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #175271 by n0e1983
I am wondering if questions on a survey could be personalized based on answers person gave in previous survey. What I mean by that, is that in the first survey someone would be asked: "Does any of the below mentioned concern you:" with a list of possible options (checklist), and in survey no. 2 there would be question "How do you rate things mentioned in the first survey now:" with a list of options selected by the same person in survey no. 1? I know front- and backend development, so could modify something myself, just need to know where to look. I could pass some unique identifier in a hidden field from the survey 1, but is there an option to load the options (choices) in survey 2?
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 5 months ago #175273 by DenisChenu
2 solution :
- Using endurl : you prefill one question of second survey with answer of first and use "array filter". You hide this second question
- Using gitlab.com/SondagesPro/SurveyAccess/surveyChaining : it's done for this (but for different user's).

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: n0e1983
  • n0e1983
More
5 years 5 months ago #175274 by n0e1983
Those are nice options but I don't think they entirely relate to what I would want to achieve. If I understand correctly, by using them I can prefill answers to exactly same question. What I am asking is can I build something like that:

survey 1:

[QUESTION X]

[ ] answer1
[X] answer2
[ ] answer3

survey 2:

[QUESTION Y]:

[0......5] answer1 {HIDDEN}
[0......5] answer2
[0......5] answer3 {HIDDEN}
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 5 months ago #175275 by DenisChenu
Yes, but with prefilling : aftyer you can use this copy of Question X in survey 2 …

No other solution : you must copy settings.

Another solution can be usage of a long text question and prefill (using end url or a plugin) it with QXA1-QXA3 (if user enter A1 and A3 to QX), and use specific relevance using strpos in QY

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • n0e1983
More
5 years 5 months ago #175278 by n0e1983
Copy settings. So different question type is not possible. OK.

And what if I would like to remind the user of his previous result - can I get his answers and use it in question in another survey?

For example:
"In the previous survey you have selected:
Answer 2
Answer 3
How do you rate them now?

[0....5]"
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #175279 by DenisChenu
Yes …

Again : gitlab.com/SondagesPro/SurveyAccess/surveyChaining was done for this. You use Expression like if the question was inside survey.

But you can too use any longtext question with a string where you use strpos to construct a complete Expression. More complex than usage of surveyChaining …

Edit :

Copy settings. So different question type is not possible. OK.

If you use a single response tect : no need same question, but more complex.

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by DenisChenu.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose