Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

jQuery "Datepicker" or similar script/snippet in Array (Text)

• saggeana
  • saggeana's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #173097 by saggeana
Hi community!

I wonder, has someone gotten jQuery "Datepicker" to work in Array (Text) type questions as of late?

I found a snippet referred in the forums several times, usually around three years ago: www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...array-texts-question

Trying to implement this now, using 3.14.7 (Community Edition, self-hosted), nothing seems to happen, and using Chrome's Console, I get the error message "datepicker is not a function".

Oftentimes this seems to be a problem with how the jQuery libraries are included in the site's code: stackoverflow.com/questions/1212696/jque...er-is-not-a-function

Note: I don't really have deep understanding of the workings of jQuery, Javascript or PHP. I've had some experience of using/modifying snippets of script written by other people during the last couple of decades.

Alternately:

Does anyone know of a functional way of adding a date picker for a single column in a Array (Text) type question in 3.x.x?

Thank you in advance!
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by saggeana.
The topic has been locked.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #173116 by LouisGac
I recently created a survey theme to be able to create those kind of arrays. It will be available on premium themes when it will be deeply tested. You'll find it attached to this post. I've also attached a Demo survey using it.

The idea is this one:

just add "row_1" in the class of the questions you want in the first row of the array, row_2 for the second row, etc
feel free to ask for more questions here.

here an online Demo for it:
louissseb.limequery.com/672747?newtest=Y&lang=en

(note that any theme extending vanilla can extend mixed_array )

here the same survey with vanilla theme, so you can see the real structure of the survey:

louissseb.limequery.com/894297?lang=en
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by LouisGac.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose