Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) + encryption of tokens & responses

More
5 years 11 months ago #167898 by jelo
Thanks, I thought you read it here ;-)

jelo wrote: BTW: If you are a company and order businesscards for your people via a printingshop, you need to make a contract in compliance of GDPR. Printed businesscards are lowtech but still personal data is transmitted.

I wonder how someone can phone someone else and tell the name, jobposition and phonenumber without making a contract ;-) The businesscard-case seems to be shared by every gdpr-consultant.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 11 months ago #167906 by holch
I think, like always, there is also a lot of fear mongering. Unfortunately, like always, these rules and laws are created with the best intentions, but without actually knowing the real impact if followed by the word. There will now be a time with quite a lot of insecurity and uncertainty about what is really necessary and what not.
Because some of the implications are fairly absurd and create major hurdles for a lot of businesses, even if they were not targeted initially. And there will be people that take advantage of that. Just remember the "Abmahnwahn" when it came to "Impressumspflicht" (I figure both Jelo and Socius are german speakers, so you will know what I am talking about).

Now the GDPR thingy will even impact the data that NICs will provide in their Whois. I find that really problematic, because you can't find out who is responsible for a website anymore. But then, most shady subjects used some privacy service anyway.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: socius
More
5 years 11 months ago #167934 by jelo

holch wrote: Just remember the "Abmahnwahn" when it came to "Impressumspflicht" (I figure both Jelo and Socius are german speakers, so you will know what I am talking about

Socius linked to a Austrian website. "Abmahnungen" are a German thing. And Austrian politics have just changed law to weaken GDPR in Austria. www.parlament.gv.at/PAKT/VHG/XXVI/AA/AA_00010/index.shtml

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
More
5 years 11 months ago #167969 by holch
I guess most Austrians have heard about "Abmahnung" and are still laughing their head of. It might not have made it into the last valley, but Austrians that have to do with things "online" most probably have.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose