Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Question attributes don't load completely in editing panel

• oleggorfinkel
  • oleggorfinkel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #165423 by oleggorfinkel
Hi again,

I seem to be have been having more than my share of problems lately... The latest one is that, all of a sudden, I can no longer edit questions properly, because when I click the Edit button and the editing panel comes up, the question attributes don't load completely, but instead, the spinning wheel symbol appears right under the General Options section (see attached screenshot). This only happens on my internet server; on my local PC, the edit panel comes up properly (I am running the exact same LimeSurvey version, v3.5.1+180312, in both places). It looks like this has something to do with the server, but I can't figure out what. Everything else seems to be working well, and respondents are filling out the surveys without any apparent problems.

Any ideas?

Oleg G.
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by oleggorfinkel.
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 1 week ago #165424 by jelo
Check it in a different browser without addons like Adblock. Firefox got an update in the last 24h. What version of Firefox do you use?

Beside that it is quite normal to run in such issues with LimeSurvey.

My recommendation. Everything to the bugtracker first. That will give the developers a sense of what the reception of a release is. They want it as agile as possible. Best way is going straight to the bugtracker with everything.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • oleggorfinkel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 1 week ago #165425 by oleggorfinkel

jelo wrote: Check it in a different browser without addons like Adblock. Firefox got an update in the last 24h. What version of Firefox do you use?

Beside that it is quite normal to run in such issues with LimeSurvey.

My recommendation. Everything to the bugtracker first. That will give the developers a sense of what the reception of a release is. They want it as agile as possible. Best way is going straight to the bugtracker with everything.

Sure, I'll log this issue with bugtracker. By the way, I just checked it out on the Edge browser and got the same result -- the spinning wheel symbol and the Edit panel elements not loading completely... I don't have Firefox installed, my main browser is Chrome. I have also tried disabling AdBlock Plus, without effect. I am surprised to hear this is a common issue -- this is the first time I've seen it after using LimeSurvey for over two years...

Oleg G.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 1 week ago #165438 by tpartner
Are you using a custom theme? I have run into this behaviour when making errors while creating custom theme options.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
6 years 1 week ago #165444 by jelo
Just in case someone is looking for the bugticket:
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=13479

• oleggorfinkel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #165487 by oleggorfinkel

tpartner wrote: Are you using a custom theme? I have run into this behaviour when making errors while creating custom theme options.

Hi Tony,

Yes, I am using a custom theme, but I've been using it for weeks now and there were no problems until a couple of days ago, when this started happening. Also, I am not sure how a custom theme could affect what happens on the backend, because this problem is occurring when I try to edit a survey question in the admin panel.

In any case, I've attached my custom theme in a zip archive, in case you want to have a look at it, but I've really only changed the logo, that's it.

Now, I did discover a way to go around this problem: if I close the browser tab with the partially loaded question and then reopen it from Chrome's History->Recently Closed list, it does load properly. But, it does NOT work by simply reloading the page, without using Recently Closed. This is really weird -- I had never seen this kind of behavior before. Why should it be any different opening a page from Recently Closed vs. doing it from the browser's URL bar?

Oleg G.
More
6 years 1 week ago #165488 by jelo

oleggorfinkel wrote: In any case, I've attached my custom theme in a zip archive, in case you want to have a look at it, but I've really only changed the logo, that's it.

Check with a default theme. And if the issue vanished, you might recreate the modified template again (just a logo).

• oleggorfinkel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #165489 by oleggorfinkel

jelo wrote:

oleggorfinkel wrote: In any case, I've attached my custom theme in a zip archive, in case you want to have a look at it, but I've really only changed the logo, that's it.

Check with a default theme. And if the issue vanished, you might recreate the modified template again (just a logo).

Thanks for the suggestion. I just changed the theme for that survey to "fruity", but unfortunately, that didn't make any difference -- still having the same issue...

Also, what I said previously about finding a workaround by reloading the page from the Recently Closed list isn't correct. I've tried it again, and it's not working either -- it must have been a coincidence that it worked that one time. I am at a loss as to what to do now. This is a mission-critical platform for me these days...

Would you be able to go into my control panel and look at the issue first-hand? If so, let me know and I'll send you the site address and the login information by PM.

Oleg G.
More
5 years 6 months ago #173327 by aellison9
Not sure if this is still an issue but I ran into the same problem when I had an issue with my config.xml for my custom question theme. Once I fixed the issue in the config, the question attributes started showing up again.
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 6 months ago #173340 by DenisChenu
Try to reset Asset on global settings too.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #200817 by eglerapaliute
Hi all,

I was editing my survey (all normal and pretty fast) and now the editing panel doesnt load, questions load very slowly, but without editing panel and I cannot progress at all (havent changed anything in settings or smth it just happened out of nowhere).
I am using Version 4.1.14+200331.
I tried to log off and log in multiple times also, export-import my survey again but all same.
What can I do about that? :(
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by eglerapaliute.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose