Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Firing TOKEN between two survey ... how to

• achecchini
  • achecchini's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #159729 by achecchini
Firing TOKEN between two survey ... how to was created by achecchini
Hi to all!!
Hope to explain my problem. I'm setting two survey with the same TOKEN table.

Suppose the first one ask to a tokenized user to enter a Y/N answer. So if Y through "END Url" the user move on to the second survey passing the {TOKEN} with the URL.
If N my intent is "firing" the token on the second survey and go to the END of the survey immediately. How to obtain this intent? And how to Jump meanwhile the survey welcome page only to these user??

Thanks in advance to those that help me!!

A.
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 6 months ago #159743 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Firing TOKEN between two survey ... how to
Hello,
you add the answer of this question (Y/N) to the endurl and capture it in your second survey.
My idea is to set a quota on this question with 0 value to screenout the "No"-respondents after this capturing.

But I did not understand this:

And how to Jump meanwhile the survey welcome page only to these user??

I do not think you show the welcome page in the second survey, or do you?

I always advice to go to the second survey as samless as possible.
So I set a quota in the next to last question that screens out anybody. the last question is only a boilerplate.
So the respondents don't see the "Send" button of the first part, but only "Next".

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, achecchini
  • achecchini
More
6 years 6 months ago #159762 by achecchini
Replied by achecchini on topic Firing TOKEN between two survey ... how to
Tank you for the answer and related suggestion. I didn't explain my scenario in deep.

I have two survey. In the first (with token and not anonymous) I want to record consensus to keep data for the second survey (that have the same tokens and is anonymized). My objective is to exclude that one user keep his the token for example from the URL and so access the second survey also in the case he didn't exprime consensus on the first survey.

I try actually to resolve in this way.

The first survey use endurl with a conditions like this: {if(Q1 == "Y", " my.lime.url/index.php/survey/index/sid/1...oken/{TOKEN}/lang/IT ", "")} where the Y response is used to get automatically the user to the second survey after send button on the first.

If responses is N I was thinking to use the False condition at endurl in a this form: my.lime.url/index.php/survey/index/sid/1...ang/IT/&FIRETOKEN="Y "
where FIRETOKEN is an hidden question on the second survey that control the skip of all groups and ending the survey "firing" the token to assure to close the access to those didn't have gave consensus on the first one.

I have tested this solution and functioning. The problem is that in this way I can't hide the welcome page (that must be active for the user answer Y on the first survey) to user that have chose N.

So I need the first survey to record consensus. And I need the second with tokens "fired" for users that not allowed consensus on the firs survey.

Hope is more clear the problem I have ...

Best regards

Augusto
  • Joffm
More
6 years 6 months ago #159766 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Firing TOKEN between two survey ... how to
Hello,
yes, that's what I said: an additional parameter (FIRETOKEN) with options (Y/N).
But what about the Welcome page?
You only want to show it to the repondents with Y?

Hide the Welcome page of survey 2 and show your own welcome page in a question "text display" after you captured the "Y/N"-parameter.

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: achecchini
  • achecchini
More
6 years 6 months ago #159770 by achecchini
Replied by achecchini on topic Firing TOKEN between two survey ... how to
Maybe the welcome page is ever displayed if the survey is an anonymized condition?? Because trying the solution I see the welcome page independently of Y/N conditions.

Best Regards
A.
  • tpartner
  • Away
More
6 years 6 months ago #159776 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Firing TOKEN between two survey ... how to
Joffm's suggestion is to completely disable the welcome page with survey settings and move that message into a text-display type question in the survey. That question could be hidden via conditions/relevance.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose