Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Where to download additional free templates?

• tammo
  • tammo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 5 months ago #126311 by tammo
When you see this LimeSurvey website for the first time, have downloaded LimeSurvey in the most recent stable build, you may want to see additional templates.
Currently the structure of the LimeSurvey website seems to be "in transition". There are now two places where you can find extra templates, but they differ a lot.

Firstly, there is: www.limesurvey.org/en/downloads/category/9-general-themes , which show contributed templates, but this seems to be more of a museum, most templates are many years old.

Secondly and I prefer this to be the only place for free templates, there is:
www.limesurvey.org/en/community-services...ensions/55-templates which shows some more recent templates.

If I could make a wish come true, I would like to see ONE place for downloading templates and there show all templates in a table with at least the following columns:
Name, most recent version tested with, most recent date updated, number of downloads

Could this be seen as a feature request for the LimeSurvey website?

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago #126333 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Where to download additional free templates?

tammo wrote: ...
Could this be seen as a feature request for the LimeSurvey website?

Yep,

The first link : old system => Museum
The second link : new system but broken : bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=9654

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
8 years 5 months ago #126361 by holch
And you forgot the most important thing: A visual representation (screenshot) of the template. Because why do you want a different template? Correct, you want a different style/design. So how to decide which one to download? By name? By number of downloads? No one knows what he/she is getting, so the number of downloads isn't really a quality sign. In theory anyone who wants a different template would have to download them all, to see which one is nicer for them.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Mazi
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #131886 by Mazi
I just tested some of the available free templates but it turns out that currently none really works with the latest Limesurvey 2.5 version.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
  • tammo
  • tammo's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #131889 by tammo
We are working on it. Hope to get one ready soon. And we sincerely hope that inbetween the core of LimeSurvey is not changing again, making our template unusable.

Could there be any communication from the core team, stating what will be next steps? At the moment they are so busy, I can understand that killing bugs is important. But at a certain moment in time, it would be very helpful if there would we a more detailed roadmap, also stating the technical concequences for external developers, of which we are one.

The only way to attract external developers and to keep them, is to make sure that their efforts are not wasted when a new release is online. I strongly welcome new technical efforts to make LimeSurvey better & more stable, but I would really like to know what is happening and what will be next steps. Otherwise developing for this platform is not worth the time.

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • Mazi
More
7 years 9 months ago #137144 by Mazi
I have created a bug report: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=11314

Dr. Marcel Minke
  • c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
More
7 years 9 months ago #137150 by c_schmitz
Replied by c_schmitz on topic Where to download additional free templates?
Creating a bug report is always a good idea. The old files have now been removed and the old URL redirected.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader
  • Mazi
More
7 years 1 month ago #148540 by Mazi

tammo wrote: We are working on it. Hope to get one ready soon. And we sincerely hope that inbetween the core of LimeSurvey is not changing again, making our template unusable.

A short update: The free version of the wonderful "TFR Responsive Template" is available at www.limesurvey.org/community-services/ex...ns/86-tfr-responsive and currently supports Limesurvey v2.05 and v2.06 LTS (now renamed to "v2.6.3-lts"). It does not support the current Limesurvey 2.5x (latest release as of today: "2.62.2 (170203)") version of Limesurvey yet.

Professional and fully responsive Limesurvey templates can be found at www.limesurvey-templates.com . There you can also find the premium version of the TFR Responsive template: www.limesurvey-templates.com/limesurvey-...responsive-p-59.html

Dr. Marcel Minke

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose