moreAccessibility

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #146699 by cortxdp
cortxdp replied the topic: moreAccessibility
Thanks for the fix.

DenisChenu wrote: OK, fixed.

Some question :

• Trying to use role="radiogroup" in arry by columns where radiogroup are on col tag : Test link . An advice here ?

Many things going on with this type of question.
The question is in the column header and the response choices are in the row headers wich is not like natural tabulation order.
There is no html structure to rely on when using radiogroup. The opposite (type f), question in the row header and response choice in the columns header, is easier beacause you can use radiogroup on each <td>. Because this type of question (H) does not function like native table read order (left to right), I would not use it at all. I would use type F instead.

I do not see a way to use this type of question with a screen reader without repeating the question for each response.
Things I would change.
1. Radiogroup sould not be used in <colgroup>. W3C state explicitly that colgroup is used for formating www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_colgroup.asp . radiogroup is a semantic attrribute.
2. The hidden label for each radio button repeat the question. I would use aria-labelledby on the input instead and pointing to : First the question and second the response (aria-labelledby="id_column_header id_row_header »)
3. I would drop the title attribute on <td>

Example in file attached

File Attachment:

File Name: TypeH.txt
File Size:6 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #146700 by cortxdp
cortxdp replied the topic: moreAccessibility

DenisChenu wrote: OK, fixed.

Some question :

• Ok to use role="radiogroup" inside a role group test link Here with single choice with comment

Work great for me.. and for my screen reader.
Liste avec commentaire groupage
Un exemple d'option de réponse bouton radio coché 1 sur 5
[tab]
Veuillez saisir votre commentaire ici: édition multiligne
vide

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #146711 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: moreAccessibility

2. The hidden label for each radio button repeat the question. I would use aria-labelledby on the input instead and pointing to : First the question and second the response (aria-labelledby="id_column_header id_row_header »)

It used for phone view too, not specific for accessibility.

For title : it's for an helper with mouse ... hard to combine help for mouse and accessibility :/. title are updated live with javascript. Maybe use directly javascript tooltip (hidden for screenreader).

With id : SubQuestionId for "column header' and AnswerId for line header, maybe something like this :
<table role="group">
<thead>
  <tr>
    <td></td>
    <th id="SubQuestionId-1">Sub question 1</th>
    <th id="SubQuestionId-2">Sub question 2</th>
  </tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
  <tr>
    <th aria-hidden="true">
      Answer
    </th>
    <td data-tooltip="Sub Question 1">
      <input type="radio" aria-describedby="SubQuestionId-1" name="subsuestion1"/>
      <label class="sr-only">Sub question 1</label>
    </td>
    <td data-tooltip="Sub Question 2">
      <input type="radio" aria-describedby="SubQuestionId-2" name="subsuestion2"/>
      <label class="sr-only">Sub question 2</label>
    </td>
  </tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Thanks for testing :)

Denis
PS : Fang don't show role group separation, do you know a good alternative ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #159269 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: moreAccessibility

emilyjohn wrote: Great idea because the page title is read after the page validation and it could tell screen reader users.For error detection in addition to the error message for each field, the best thing is to have the error list at the beginning of the form.

I know : i made a feature request about this 2 options.

On 2.6lts or current 2.70 version : i can not update title or before question part without hacking/fork LimeSurvey. I think it can be done on a new a11y plugin (or template) in 3.0 .

See bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=9106 for the bug report. Need improving Expression Manager , and touching Expression Manager is … awfull and difficult …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!