Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Error in the synchronization of the surveys

• heyner
  • heyner's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #165198 by heyner
Hi, I have a question that is the following and I wanted to see if you could give me assistance

Currently we are doing some surveys with limesurvey but we have detected an error that is the following
When performing the synchronization using the tool offlinesurvey it tells us that the surveys have been synchronized, but when reviewing it on the server they never arrive so you have to enter manually to avoid losing the data.

To avoid the loss of this information, the offlinesurvey tool was activated to activate the option to save them even when they have been synchronized, so the mobile will always be there. Thanks to this I have managed to find out by means of the IDs of the polls according to synchronized that they have their correct ID but when looking for that ID in the server it is already done by another survey that does not belong to this pollster, that is, the person A synchronized their data these arrived at the server, person B synchronizes but these never reach the server and the IDs according to the data of person B have already been assigned to person A

I do not know if I made myself understood but I wanted to see if they could give me a quick solution since there are a lot of data that fall to the day and imagine how many are lost.

attached image of the problem
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 1 month ago #165202 by holch
This is not a design issue. As I told you in the spanish forum, ask in the "Offlinesurveys" forum. I will move this to the correct forum.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: heyner
More
6 years 1 month ago #165256 by jelo
How many devices are using the Offlinesurveys-app and are syncing back to the LimeSurvey installation?
Is the activates survey only answered via Offlinesurveys? Or are there accesses via web as well?

I wouldn't expect that the IDs of the responses in the device is the same as the ID in the Limesurvey-Database (I can be wrong, so just a working hypothesis). I wonder if you checked if the responses are available under different IDs in LimeSurvey? Can you rule that out?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • heyner
  • heyner's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #165322 by heyner
Replied by heyner on topic Error in the synchronization of the surveys
Sorry for the delay and because the total number of mobiles that are connected are around 35, there are no web accesses only from offlinesurvey.

With the previous image, the part on the left are the responses saved after the synchronization of the offlinesurvey and the right ones are the surveys that are already on the limesurvey server

Well I managed to give a partial solution, I realized that by uninstalling the application of offlinesurvey, adding the survey again the data was synchronized and came to the server without problems, the inconvenience that I have to re-present so I am now a day reviewing the total of surveys of each of the people to identify an increase in these.

Thank you very much for answering

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose