Err02: Cannot download survey.

More
2 years 2 months ago #143991 by mounabelaid
mounabelaid created the topic: Err02: Cannot download survey.
Hello,
I got this error while trying to download the survey in my smartphone and I don't know why It does not work?
The survey works very well in the browser and It is activated.

Err02: Cannot download survey. URL unreachable (are you using SSL (https) with unverified certificate?)

I extremely need your help!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #144029 by holch
holch replied the topic: Err02: Cannot download survey.
This is not a limesurvey problem, but has to do with Offlinesurveys.com. Please get in touch with them. I will move this into the correct forum here, which is specific for the Third party tool Offlinesurveys.
But the error message is quite clear.

DO you use SSL?
Is the IP accessible from outside of your internal network?

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: mounabelaid

More
2 years 2 months ago #144043 by mounabelaid
mounabelaid replied the topic: Err02: Cannot download survey.
Yes, I use SSL and it is verified .
I don't really understand why they told me to be sure if my SSL certificate is valid

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #144045 by holch
It is not talking about a valid SSL certificate, it is talking about a "verified" certificate.
Anyone can create and sign their own certificate and they are valid. But if they are not "verified" you will for example get those warnings in your browser. The certificate is still valid, but if it is not from one of the known certificate organizations the browser can not verify it and will give you a warning. I assume it is referring to this.

I tried to access the IP that your screenshot is showing and it doesn't seem to be accessible from the internet. However, your screenshot also shows that you are connected via 3G and not in a local wifi network...

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by holch.

More
2 years 2 months ago #144047 by mounabelaid
mounabelaid replied the topic: Err02: Cannot download survey.
Thank you for the reply!

How can I be sure that the IP is accessible from the internet?
For the connexion, I still get the same problems even when I'm connected via wifi.
Notice: My survey is activated and I disable tokens
Attachments:

More
2 years 2 months ago #144049 by holch
Look at your screenshot! The IP from the first screenshot to the second screenshot is not the same!

Does this mean that you are trying to reach your home network via its IP? This should not be possible. Your router should not allow anyone to access your home network.

Do you have your Limesurvey installation installed on your a computer in your local network? This will most probably not be accessible from the internet (and this is good, because of security reasons).

So you need to host your Survey somewhere, where you have access to.

Or you check the internal (!!) IP of your Limesurvey installation and connect your cellphone / app via Wifi to this. This should work.

More
2 years 2 months ago #144357 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Err02: Cannot download survey.
As holch had already pointed out: To be able to cache a survey using OfflineSurveys your survey has to be reachable from the Internet so any local or Intranet address will probably fail.

Please also check the required survey settings if any problems with caching a survey show up: www.offlinesurveys.com/required-limesurvey-settings

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Want to use your survey offline -> www.offlinesurveys.com

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!