Timings

More
2 years 11 months ago #141845 by lfanfoni
Timings was created by lfanfoni
Do you intend to introduce the functionality "Save timings"?

Aiutaci a far crescere la comunità italiana di LimeSurvey: vai sul forum Italiano per richieste e soluzioni citando sempre la versione usata, non scrivere in privato, suggerisci modifiche o nuove traduzioni - www.limesurvey.org/forum/italian-forum/118441

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #141873 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Timings
Not an expert on OfflineSurveys, but I don't think it is possible. As the survey is used in the "all in one" mode (see instructions on how to download the survey), timings won't work.

Even in the normal Limesurvey install timings can't be saved when you use the "all in one" mode, as far as I know.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
2 years 11 months ago #141874 by lfanfoni
Replied by lfanfoni on topic Timings
I suppose that in a survey with the "all in one" mode timings could measure the whole time of compilation, in the normal mode.
The main problem in OfflineSurveys regards memorization, according to me: they should be use the same response dataset to store timing. It's different to normal LS and should be difficult to harmonize the syncronization.

Aiutaci a far crescere la comunità italiana di LimeSurvey: vai sul forum Italiano per richieste e soluzioni citando sempre la versione usata, non scrivere in privato, suggerisci modifiche o nuove traduzioni - www.limesurvey.org/forum/italian-forum/118441

More
2 years 11 months ago #141886 by aaskoura
Replied by aaskoura on topic Timings
Hello, OfflineSurveys records already the submitdate, you can figure out easily how much time the survey took. Beyond that, even if we can record group timing (using Javascript), we will not be able to sync it to LimeSurvey RPC.

A cheap workaround is to introduce a new .lsq Android Multimedia Question (type text) that you can import to your survey. OfflineSurveys can then save the timings (in JSON format) to such question, and will be able to also sync it to LSRPC or export it to CSV. Does that sound reasonable??

We also have a lot more control for advanced features on the device side. A feature like expiring survey, or putting time limits on questions is quite doable... Please feel free to propose any feature that can potentially help you (concerning timing or anything else)...
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfanfoni

More
2 years 10 months ago #142130 by lfanfoni
Replied by lfanfoni on topic Timings
All solutions that provide special questions for Android (and use of JavaScript code) are excellent for offline surveys. But in the case of mixed-mode (CAWI-CAPI) should be provided for one question for the online version and one question for the offline version. And this not only for saving times, but also for other special questions, such as photo upload, or recording voice messages, etc, etc.
Do you suggest, in case of mixed-mode, to use duplicated version of the survey?

More
2 years 10 months ago #142177 by aaskoura
Replied by aaskoura on topic Timings
I would recommend duplicate surveys only if an Android question(s) is used. Otherwise, there's no real need to do so

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!