LimeSurvey 2.07 Preview version UPDATED : version 2

More
2 years 1 month ago #125866 by holch
holch replied the topic: LimeSurvey 2.07 Preview version UPDATED : version 2
Thanks Dennis! Tried it quickly and seems to work. At least it saves one click to open the advanced features. Next step for the GUI is to display all: General question info, features and advanced features. Just like nwinter shows in his screenshot.

Because now you have to: Survey -> Group -> Question -> Edit question -> Advanced features and then eventually you have to open also the answer options.

This should all be directly available via this way: Survey -> Group -> Question.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #125867 by tammo
tammo replied the topic: LimeSurvey 2.07 Preview version UPDATED : version 2
Yes, and by displaying a question tree like it was suggested, we can have all questions available in a tree and in one click pen all possibilities. Life can be much easier!

Tammo

Tammo ter Hark at Tools for Research
Proud developers of the TFR Responsive Limesurvey template
toolsforresearch.com/limesurvey-responsive-template

More
2 years 1 month ago #125902 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: LimeSurvey 2.07 Preview version UPDATED : version 2

DenisChenu wrote: Hi,

Quick plugin , not tested with 2.07/2.50 version : git.framasoft.org/SondagePro-LimeSurvey-...showAdvancedSettings

I agree that having an option to always show the advanced settings is something the hard core users would definitely benefit from. But we also need to keep in mind that for new users the long list of additional settings may be confusing.

My suggestion is to add a new "Always show all advanced question settings" option to Global settings -> Presentation. By default it should be set to "No" and if needed admins can easily switch this on.
What do you think?

Different topic: Does anyone know why the setting for enabling showing the "no answer" option for non-mandatory questions at survey level is de-activated by default?
Admins must change this at Global settings -> Presentation -> "Show 'no answer' option for non-mandatory questions" to enable other users to change that on survey level.
From my point of view the user should always be able to decide this?!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
2 years 1 month ago #125904 by LouisGac
LouisGac replied the topic: LimeSurvey 2.07 Preview version UPDATED : version 2

tammo wrote: Yes, and by displaying a question tree like it was suggested, we can have all questions available in a tree and in one click pen all possibilities. Life can be much easier!
Tammo

The preview has been updated, it has now a question explorer :
preview.limesurvey.org/index.php?r=admin...view/surveyid/668464

The following user(s) said Thank You: holch

More
2 years 1 month ago #125905 by LouisGac
LouisGac replied the topic: LimeSurvey 2.07 Preview version UPDATED : version 2
and the advanced settings are now (since the first version of the preview) in the left accordion when editing a question...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben_V

More
2 years 1 month ago #125906 by Ben_V
Ben_V replied the topic: LimeSurvey 2.07 Preview version UPDATED : version 2

Mazi wrote: Admins must change this at Global settings -> Presentation -> "Show 'no answer' option for non-mandatory questions" to enable other users to change that on survey level.
From my point of view the user should always be able to decide this?!

+1

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)

More
2 years 1 month ago #126299 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: LimeSurvey 2.07 Preview version UPDATED : version 2

Mazi wrote: My suggestion is to add a new "Always show all advanced question settings" option to Global settings -> Presentation. By default it should be set to "No" and if needed admins can easily switch this on.

No plugin event for this. Anf plugin is 2.5 incompatible.

Then not work on it.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
1 year 11 months ago #129359 by nwinter
nwinter replied the topic: LimeSurvey 2.07 Preview version UPDATED : version 2
I agree -- there is WAY too much clicking when working with a survey, especially when modifying and editing.

I definitely like the move to enable (or have an option to enable) advanced settings always being shown. I've long-since modified my installation to show them by default.

My strong recommendation for the question explorer side-bar is to simply have it show ALL the groups and questions. In the mock-up for 2.5 it still takes a lot of clicks to get to editing a question. In my 2.06installation I've modified it to display at shown in teh attached picture. When the admin clicks on a question in the left-hand column that question is opened for editing (with advanced settings displayed) immediately. That both makes it easier to navigate among questions you want to edit, and also gives a visual overview of the structure of the survey.

I'd be happy to code something for 2.5 that does something similar, if that would be helpful.
Attachments:

More
1 year 11 months ago #129396 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: LimeSurvey 2.07 Preview version UPDATED : version 2
Hi nwinter : 2.5 have actually a system like this. Maybe can be improved.

You can test and report bug/Feature actualy.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
1 year 9 months ago #130199 by aaransons
aaransons replied the topic: LimeSurvey 2.07 Preview version UPDATED : version 2
wow it is good information i like it

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!