Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Uniform Checkbox/Radio

• cshaw
  • cshaw's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #107559 by cshaw
Uniform Checkbox/Radio was created by cshaw
Uniform Checkbox/Radio

I have been trying to use the custom Sexy forms with JQuery from the following site in a LimeQuery application. The problem is that I don't seem to be able to upload the jqueery_uniform_min.js, nor the uniform_aristo.css files to LimeQuery:

Sexy forms

Is there some other place I can go to upload these files? What I have been attempting to do is create a custom template and add the files as "other files"

This works in the 1.92 installation of LimeQuery. But not on the 2.05 installation.

Any thoughts?
The topic has been locked.
  • cshaw
More
9 years 10 months ago #107869 by cshaw
Replied by cshaw on topic Uniform Checkbox/Radio
Just thought I would touch base back here and mention that I solved my issue. The issue was that the file actually contained multiple periods, and so the parser was getting the wrong extension type and rejecting the upload of the js and css files I was trying to utilize. I renamed the files to contain underscores and revised the references in the template and voila it worked. Yeah!
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 10 months ago #107873 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Uniform Checkbox/Radio
Would be great if you could include a how-to into the manual. Might help others to implement this into their survey.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• cshaw
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #107874 by cshaw
I am actually in the process of writing a detailed document with screen shots for my coworkers to use when they build surveys, so when I get it done I will share it with the community, so stay tuned!

The document details how to revise a copy of the basic template to use custom radio and check box images.

It also documents how we implement double token security. In our situation we want to make sure that subjects taking our research survey's are indeed who we think they are but the id they enter is a 6 digit number. Too easy to enter one number incorrectly and "become" someone else. So we give them two tokens, the first one is for linking to a separate database, the second is just to validate their 6 digit id.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by cshaw.
  • holch
More
9 years 10 months ago #107875 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Uniform Checkbox/Radio
Great!

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• cshaw
More
9 years 10 months ago #107922 by cshaw
A NOTE ABOUT THE UNIFORM CSS:
When I first downloaded the files were named: jQuery.uniform.js and Uniform.aristo.css. I wasn’t able to upload the files. I replaced the dot in the file names with an underscore : “jQuery_uniform.js” and “Uniform_aristo.css” and uploading worked like a charm.
  • cshaw
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #107926 by cshaw
I am uploading a document that talks about how I went about tailoring this for a survey being delivered at the time of study subject blood draws on iPads. Here is a picture of my survey test on my iPad.

Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by cshaw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben_V

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose