Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Token field character limit

• aroback
  • aroback's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #107136 by aroback
Token field character limit was created by aroback
Sorry if my problem is redundant. I'd appreciate a redirect to a thread that addresses this if it exists.

I'm trying to use social media usernames as tokens to log in to my survey, and there seems to be a 35 character limit that I can't change. My usernames include characters like (-) and (.) since they are from Facebook.

I changed the following values before I uploaded my token .csv file:
*tokens.php --> ln:1111-1112 --> SET TO: 'VARCHAR(500)' and array('type' => 'VARCHAR', 'constraint' => '500'), respectively.
*token_helper.php --> ln:34 --> SET TO: 'token' => 'varchar(256)',

Neither one allowed me to edit existing token values past 35 characters AND the tokens I uploaded were truncated. When I manually edit them in the "display tokens" interface, they exist only until I click on the "home" button to go back to survey admin, then when I view the token list again, they are truncated.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong. This is for my dissertation, so I am desperate! Thanks so much for your help!!
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 11 months ago #107141 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Token field character limit
Hi,

Just use 'social media username' for any attribute, and use included system to set the token.

After, you can do a plugin to redirect user by 'social media username' with the good token. Some inspiration : git.sondages.pro/?p=ls-replaceregister.g...=replaceRegister.php

But : any user can enter any user name here ??? Any other security system ? I can answer for WhiteHouse ? Yes !!! Great !

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose