Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Why Can't I do this with LimeSurvey?

• atliberty
  • atliberty's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 12 hours ago #106465 by atliberty
Why Can't I do this with LimeSurvey? was created by atliberty
Why am I unable to import users and participants except manually? I have tried though mysql and I have tried cvs I have tried your back end CMS database import function here: wethepeoplerule.net/limesurvey/index.php...cipants/sa/importCSV

I know you have to be pretty exact to accomplish moving or filling up tables with data but I have occasionally been able to move names and accounts from like, joomla to wordpress etc. Please be honest, if you think data base administration is easy and I'm just slow and behind the learning curve, not capable. I want to use Lime Survey to start a direct participatory democracy system, a reasonably secure Internet voting Web Site that would allow district voters to register and become the government, to vote on legislation and appropriation. That which a congressman could use to collect votes from eligible voters and allow the combined vote of the people to become the lawful vote of the representative. I've already had a week's vote items, resolutions scheduled to go before the house set up for one week as the Lime Survey CMS but I could not enter a user or participant CSV file or about 200 member list into the system. I will also need address field and be able to compare voting registrations of the government run voting precincts and townships. I know I'm going to need help somewhere along the line. Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 3 hours ago #106476 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Why Can't I do this with LimeSurvey?
Hi,

We offer CSV import and LDAP import. DB still a DB and other tolls can access it.

If i have to do something like this, i think i start by a plugin using beforeSurveyPage : validate if user was connected to external website, if not : redirect to this website.

Lot of PHP dev here.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • atliberty
  • atliberty's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #106742 by atliberty
Replied by atliberty on topic Why Can't I do this with LimeSurvey?
Thank you for the reply. I eventually was able to enter participants by adding a few manually then exporting that as a csv file opening it in spread sheet adding participant data and then saving and uploading.

Now I want to add an address attribute to the user/participant's data base.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose