Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Problem when updating - CAssetManager.basePath invalid (panic?)

• iosononando2
  • iosononando2's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #105640 by iosononando2
Hi everyone!
I was doing an update on my limesurvey install and when clicking the button for the final step of the comfort update, I got the following message:

Internal Server Error
CAssetManager.basePath "/home/artisticresearch/surveys.artisticresearch.ch/tmp/assets" is invalid. Please make sure the directory exists and is writable by the Web server process.

My questions are:
  1. Should I panic? :unsure:
  2. How can I solve the issue? :blink:
Looking through the forums and the manual I could not find anything useful. Perhaps one of you could help?
Many many thanks!
Hernando

Note to Forum admins: I had to create a new account because my usual one, "iosononando", would not login what so ever...
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #105647 by holch
Have a look at the folder with your FTP programm and check if it is writeable. I assue it is not.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• iosononando2
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #105650 by iosononando2
Hi Holch,
thanks for the reply!!!
I indeed went to check the privileges of said folder... just to discover that IT IS INDEED MISSING :(
That's why I feel I'm stuck here....
Any Ideas of what could have happened, and how to overcome the issue?
Thanks a lot!
Hernando
  • holch
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #105654 by holch
I have no idea, but have you tried to create the folder via FTP?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• iosononando2
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #105660 by iosononando2
Dear Holch,
thanks again for the reply!
As you suggested, I created the folder myself via FTP and by doing so the process that was blocked finally decided to move on. So great!
The down side is that a new problem emerged :blink: ... Here the message I get:

Internal Server Error
Property "LSYii_Application.bootstrap" is not defined.
An internal error occurred while the Web server was processing your request. Please contact the webmaster to report this problem.
Thank you.

In other words... I'm still blocked.
How can I define LSYii_Application.bootstrap????
Thanks again!!!!
Hernando
More
10 years 6 days ago #106236 by Brimfulof
I've had exactly the same problem.

Created the assets folder, was then able to log in but now getting the same error message:

Property "LSYii_Application.bootstrap" is not defined.

Anyone got an idea on how to solve this?
  • mdekker
More
10 years 6 days ago #106237 by mdekker
Is the /tmp folder and everything below it writeable? What php version are you using?
Could you edit your /application/config.php to change debug value from 0 to 2 and tell us what you see

---
Menno Dekker
More
10 years 6 days ago #106240 by Brimfulof
PHP is 5.3.27
tmp is set to 775 (I just changed this from 755 to see if it would make a difference) - everything below is set to 755
A lot comes up when I set debug to 2
Code:
/home/q20invo/public_html/ask/framework/base/CModule.php(105)

093     /**
094      * Getter magic method.
095      * This method is overridden to support accessing application components
096      * like reading module properties.
097      * @param string $name application component or property name
098      * @return mixed the named property value
099      */
100     public function __get($name)
101     {
102         if($this->hasComponent($name))
103             return $this->getComponent($name);
104         else
105             return parent::__get($name);
106     }
108     /**
109      * Checks if a property value is null.
110      * This method overrides the parent implementation by checking
111      * if the named application component is loaded.
112      * @param string $name the property name or the event name
113      * @return boolean whether the property value is null
114      */
115     public function __isset($name)
116     {
117         if($this->hasComponent($name))
Stack Trace
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/framework/base/CModule.php(105): CComponent->__get("bootstrap")
–  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/application/extensions/bootstrap/widgets/TbSelect2.php(76): CModule->__get("bootstrap")
71    * Registers required client script for bootstrap select2. It is not used through bootstrap->registerPlugin
72    * in order to attach events if any
73    */
74   public function registerClientScript($id)
75   {
76     Yii::app()->bootstrap->registerAssetCss('select2.css');
77     Yii::app()->bootstrap->registerAssetJs('select2.js');
79     $options = !empty($this->options) ? CJavaScript::encode($this->options) : '';
81     ob_start();
–  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/application/extensions/bootstrap/widgets/TbSelect2.php(67): TbSelect2->registerClientScript("loginlang")
62     } else
63       echo $this->asDropDownList ?
64         CHtml::dropDownList($name, $this->value, $this->data, $this->htmlOptions) :
65         CHtml::hiddenField($name, $this->value, $this->htmlOptions);
67     $this->registerClientScript($id);
68   }
70   /**
71    * Registers required client script for bootstrap select2. It is not used through bootstrap->registerPlugin
72    * in order to attach events if any
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/framework/web/CBaseController.php(174): TbSelect2->run()
–  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/application/views/admin/authentication/login.php(61): CBaseController->widget("bootstrap.widgets.TbSelect2", array("name" => "loginlang", "data" => array("default" => "Default", "he" => " עברית - Hebrew", "be" => "Беларускі - Belarusian", "mk" => "Македонски - Macedonian", ...), "options" => array("width" => "230px"), "htmlOptions" => array("id" => "loginlang"), ...))
56                 ),
57                 'htmlOptions' => array(
58                     'id' => 'loginlang'
59                 ),
60                 'value' => 'default'
61             ));
62             echo CHtml::closeTag('li');
63             ?>
64         </ul>
65         <p><input type='hidden' name='action' value='login' />
66             <input class='action' type='submit' name='login_submit' value='<?php $clang->eT("Login"); ?>' /><br />
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/framework/web/CBaseController.php(127): require("/home/q20invo/public_html/ask/application/views/admin/authentica...")
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/framework/web/CBaseController.php(96): CBaseController->renderInternal("/home/q20invo/public_html/ask/application/views/admin/authentica...", array("defaultAuth" => "Authdb", "summary" => "Please log in first.", "pluginContent" => array("Authdb" => PluginEventContent), "display" => array("menu_bars" => false), ...), true)
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/framework/web/CController.php(870): CBaseController->renderFile("/home/q20invo/public_html/ask/application/views/admin/authentica...", array("defaultAuth" => "Authdb", "summary" => "Please log in first.", "pluginContent" => array("Authdb" => PluginEventContent), "display" => array("menu_bars" => false), ...), true)
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/application/core/Survey_Common_Action.php(306): CController->renderPartial("/admin/authentication/login", array("defaultAuth" => "Authdb", "summary" => "Please log in first.", "pluginContent" => array("Authdb" => PluginEventContent), "display" => array("menu_bars" => false), ...))
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/application/controllers/admin/authentication.php(283): Survey_Common_Action->_renderWrappedTemplate("authentication", "login", array("defaultAuth" => "Authdb", "summary" => "Please log in first.", "pluginContent" => array("Authdb" => PluginEventContent), "display" => array("menu_bars" => false)))
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/application/controllers/admin/authentication.php(68): Authentication->_renderWrappedTemplate("authentication", "login", array("defaultAuth" => "Authdb", "summary" => "Please log in first.", "pluginContent" => array("Authdb" => PluginEventContent)))
 unknown(0): Authentication->index()
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/framework/web/actions/CAction.php(107): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Authentication, array())
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/application/core/Survey_Common_Action.php(99): CAction->runWithParamsInternal(Authentication, ReflectionMethod, array("sa" => "login"))
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/framework/web/CController.php(309): Survey_Common_Action->runWithParams(array("sa" => "login"))
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/framework/web/CController.php(287): CController->runAction(Authentication)
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/framework/web/CController.php(266): CController->runActionWithFilters(Authentication, array())
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/application/controllers/AdminController.php(169): CController->run("authentication")
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(276): AdminController->run("authentication")
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(135): CWebApplication->runController("admin/authentication/sa/login")
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/framework/base/CApplication.php(180): CWebApplication->processRequest()
+  /home/q20invo/public_html/ask/index.php(178): CApplication->run()
  • mdekker
More
10 years 6 days ago #106242 by mdekker
Might be the problem that not all files where uploaded correctly. Check if you have /application/config/internal.php and if it has components and bootstrap around line 21. If not, i think it would be best to manually overwrite all file from a fresh download. Probably a permission ussue on update.

---
Menno Dekker
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brimfulof
More
10 years 6 days ago #106244 by Brimfulof
Thanks very much for your help.

So I should just delete all the files in the limesurvey directory and upload the new files by FTP?
  • mdekker
More
10 years 6 days ago #106245 by mdekker
No, that would delete your config or files uploaded to your surveys or templates.

Backup the old files, and database (just in case)

And then just overwrite all files via ftp.

---
Menno Dekker
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brimfulof
More
10 years 6 days ago #106246 by Brimfulof
Ok. Will do.

Thanks again for your help.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose