File uploads as part of survey

More
3 years 7 months ago #103116 by enquirer22
enquirer22 created the topic: File uploads as part of survey
I was using the last upgrade to Lime Survey (the one before the latest one) and most of it seems to work OK. As part of my survey I permitted a user to upload files in various formats (eg pdfs jpgs etc). Problem is I don't seem to be able to access these from within the Survey admin panel. I can see what their original names might have been and the names were converted into some code e.g. filename":"fu_m4uyytr6iwfp3ix","ext":"jpg". However, these don't download with the options available (eg excel, doc etc). After a bit of hunting I found some images someone had uploaded to the directory upload/surveys using these filenames above. They have no suffix but they have meat on the bones e.g. 845,000 file size. However, if I manually ftp this file, change the suffix to jpg I just get an error message saying this is an invalid file when I try and open with an image program. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #103337 by dweisser
dweisser replied the topic: File uploads as part of survey
I'm sorry I have nothing to offer by way of solution, but I am about to embark upon the same challenge. What I find, I will post. Please let the forum know if you solved this issue.
Good luck!
David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Did you already participate in our customer survey?

Don't miss your chance for great prices.

Please click here to participate:

Start now

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now