Set Directory permissions

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #99220 by firstservey
firstservey created the topic: Set Directory permissions
Hello I am a little confused. Hope you can help me.

I uploaded my folder, next step is to set directory permissions.

The "/limesurvey/tmp" directory and all its subdirectories and files are used for imports & uploads and should be set to Read & Write for your webserver.
The "/limesurvey/upload/" directory and all its subdirectories and files must also have Read & Write for your webserver in order to enable picture and media files upload.
The "/limesurvey/application/config/" directory also needs Read & Write permissions for your webserver.
The other directories can be set to Read Only or in Linux/Unix. You may wish to set the permissions on each file within the /limesurvey/admin directory to Read Only.

I am not sure about what to do with "execute" (I translated it to english hope is the right word). Expecially for "the other directories"!

Thanks for helping me with these two questions: What to to with "execute" and especially with "execute" when reading only is clicked on.

Edit: By the way, I use Filezilla for changing the directory permissions, maybe it is important.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by firstservey.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #99227 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Set Directory permissions
Hi,

In a linux web server: if a directory don't have "execute" rigth, the user can not see the file inside.
See wikipedia : en.wikipedia.org/Modes_%28Unix%29

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
The following user(s) said Thank You: firstservey

More
3 years 11 months ago #99241 by firstservey
firstservey replied the topic: Set Directory permissions
Thanks!

Just to be sure, that means I have to click on "execute" in every folder? Otherwise the files are useless?

DenisChenu wrote: Hi,

In a linux web server: if a directory don't have "execute" rigth, the user can not see the file inside.
See wikipedia : en.wikipedia.org/Modes_%28Unix%29

Denis

Did you already participate in our customer survey?

Don't miss your chance for great prices.

Please click here to participate:

Start now

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now