Limesurvey 2 and 1and1 hosting

More
4 years 4 months ago #92001 by xamarshahx
xamarshahx created the topic: Limesurvey 2 and 1and1 hosting
I was upgrading to the newest version of Limesurvey from 1.92 and it looks like the ComfortUpdate screwed something up. I was able to restore it, but I started a new installation in another folder. I uploaded all of the files to 1and1 and loaded the Installer.
It keeps stalling on the database settings. It keeps telling me: "Connection with database failed. Please check database location, user name and password and try again."

I tried even creating an additional MySQL database and get the same error. I also tried re-uploading all the files and I get this same error. Instead of an IP address or localhost, 1and1 uses this as the database server: localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock
It has not been an issue on older installations.

Anyone have any solutions? Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #92004 by holch
holch replied the topic: Limesurvey 2 and 1and1 hosting
Did you check whether your server offers PDO? LS2 needs pdo, while LS 1.9x didn't.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
4 years 4 months ago #92818 by jme
jme replied the topic: Limesurvey 2 and 1and1 hosting
I was having the same issue and after an hour of hacking around in the code I have found what you need to do.

Open application/controllers/InstallerController.php and around line 1108 in the _getDsn function you will find this:
$dsn = "mysql:host={$sDatabaseLocation};port={$sDatabasePort};dbname={$sDatabaseName};"

Change to this
$dsn = "mysql:unix_socket={$sDatabaseLocation};port={$sDatabasePort};dbname={$sDatabaseName};";

And the install will run as normal but in the host box instead of localhost put /tmp/mysql5.sock
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben_V

More
4 years 4 months ago #92823 by holch
holch replied the topic: Limesurvey 2 and 1and1 hosting
Hi jme!

Sounds good. Maybe you can provide this as a patch to the developers? Or if it can't be taken into the core, you could add this description to the installation guide.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Have you already participated in our survey?

Don't miss your chance to win our valuable prices.

Just click here to start the survey:

Start now

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now