What MySQL user privileges are required LimeSurvey to run?

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #91795 by Sweden
Sweden created the topic: What MySQL user privileges are required LimeSurvey to run?
Hi,

I want to increase security and only give specific privileges to my limesurvey MySQL user. Right now it is set to "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON" - I would like to change that, if possible.
What privileges are required as a minimum by the limesurvey to run without problems?

Thanks
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by c_schmitz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #91800 by c_schmitz
c_schmitz replied the topic: What MySQL user privileges are required by the limesurvey to run?
Insert/update/delete/create/alter/drop/index should be the minimum permissions.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sweden

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #91814 by Sweden
Sweden replied the topic: What MySQL user privileges are required by the limesurvey to run?
Thanks - I try that. Perhaps you know the answer to my other question found in this thread (link) - that issue seems to be a rather big security risk if left unfixed and may affect all old and new installations of LimeSurvey.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Sweden.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #91822 by Sweden
Sweden replied the topic: What MySQL user privileges are required by the limesurvey to run?

c_schmitz wrote: Insert/update/delete/create/alter/drop/index should be the minimum permissions.

Hmmm.... it doesn't work. Now I get an "Internal Server Error" when I try to log into admin panel. Something about settings_global that can't be found...
I tried to revert to "all privileges", and then it works again but that isn't a solution.

What else do I need to choose? Here are all the options:

ALTER, CREATE ROUTINE, CREATE VIEW, DROP, INDEX, LOCK TABLES, SELECT, TRIGGER, CREATE, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, DELETE, EXECUTE, INSERT, REFERENCES, SHOW VIEW, UPDATE
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Sweden.

More
5 years 2 months ago #92077 by c_schmitz
c_schmitz replied the topic: What MySQL user privileges are required by the limesurvey to run?
Add 'Select', too.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader

More
5 years 2 months ago #92089 by Sweden
Thanks - That seems to work :)

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!