REALLY poor documentation on Installation. Why "Found and Unwritable?"

More
4 years 4 months ago #90908 by lwoods
lwoods created the topic: REALLY poor documentation on Installation. Why "Found and Unwritable?"
During installation I get to the "Pre-installation" check. Under "Minimum Requirements" I see "/tmp directory" is "Found and Writable" BUT immediately after that I get "session.save_path" as "Found and Unwritable". So first I see that /tmp is Found and Writable and then immediately after I see that /tmp is "Found and Unwritable". Also, I have searched and found that other users are having this same problem.

What gives?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #90914 by c_schmitz
c_schmitz replied the topic: REALLY poor documentation on Installation. Why "Found and Unwritable?"
Hello!

This is already corrected in the latest version. Please download the latest build and try again.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader

More
4 years 4 months ago #90920 by lwoods
lwoods replied the topic: REALLY poor documentation on Installation. Why "Found and Unwritable?"
Darn. I got ahead of you. Went into php.ini and redefined the path for the the session variables to the /tmp in my LimeSurvey directory.

Works now.

More
4 years 4 months ago #90921 by c_schmitz
c_schmitz replied the topic: REALLY poor documentation on Installation. Why "Found and Unwritable?"
That's extremely unsafe. Your session path was most likely fine as it was.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz

More
4 years 4 months ago #90926 by lwoods
lwoods replied the topic: REALLY poor documentation on Installation. Why "Found and Unwritable?"
I did perform the auto update, but with the modified php.ini defined. If I redefine the session.save_path back to /tmp how do I get lime to recognize that I have made the change---or was the previous path not saved?

Thanks

Larry

More
4 years 4 months ago #90927 by c_schmitz
It is not saved in LimeSurvey so just switching it back should be fine.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now