Error when viewing results: "Couldn't get answer type L - getAnswerCode()"

More
4 years 7 months ago #90446 by ranman22
ranman22 created the topic: Error when viewing results: "Couldn't get answer type L - getAnswerCode()&
I upgraded to the latest version of LS this morning. I went to go view the results of a survey that I currently have running, and I get the following error:

Couldn't get answer type L - getAnswerCode()

and it only shows 1 response (out of 79).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-Randy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #90447 by mdekker
mdekker replied the topic: Error when viewing results: "Couldn't get answer type L - getAnswerCode()&
You probably deleted an answer code that was used in a response already

---
Menno Dekker

More
4 years 7 months ago #90448 by ranman22
ranman22 replied the topic: Error when viewing results: "Couldn't get answer type L - getAnswerCode()&
Thank you for the repsonse.

I don't believe I have deleted anything. Things were working fine, and then I did the upgrade. If I click on "statistics", I can see all the responses in that format just fine.

-Randy

More
4 years 7 months ago #90449 by mdekker
mdekker replied the topic: Error when viewing results: "Couldn't get answer type L - getAnswerCode()&
Could you open a bug report and attach your survey and results to it? Ofcourse you can mark it private so only developers can see your survey and results.

I tried to reproduce and got the error after i deleted one of the answer options after it had been used in a response. Can you export to excel and show the complete answers (instead of just the codes) without an error?

---
Menno Dekker

More
4 years 6 months ago #90483 by mysterywolff
mysterywolff replied the topic: Error when viewing results: "Couldn't get answer type L - getAnswerCode()&
Hi there,

we have the same problem here.

We did no upgrade in the meantime (Version 2.00+ Build 121220) and did no changes to the survey.

As you can see by the attached screenshot parts, the data has gaps, randomly stops and most of all isn´t shown at all.

To answer your question to ranman, it is possible to download the data to excel correctly.

[attachment:2]Fehler Intquest.jpg[/attachment]

Please let me know what to do.

Thx, Andre

More
4 years 6 months ago #90485 by mdekker
The error seems to be in 'other' and 'comment' fields too. Due to christmas the release schedule is a little messed up. Not sure if there will be a new release this week but if you urgently need it, you can download the source from github.

---
Menno Dekker

More
4 years 6 months ago #90539 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Error when viewing results: "Couldn't get answer type L - getAnswerCode()&
This problem is already fixed. A new bugfix release will be available next week.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
4 years 6 months ago #90555 by ricardo01
ricardo01 replied the topic: Error when viewing results: "Couldn't get answer type L - getAnswerCode()&
Is there a way to fix this momentarily without having to wait until next week? I have an active survey and participants are getting the "Couldn't get answer type L - getAnswerCode()" when trying to submit the survey. This happens when they select "other" in one of the questions.

Did you already participate in our customer survey?

Don't miss your chance for great prices.

Please click here to participate:

Start now

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now