Comfort Update to 121211

More
4 years 7 months ago #90028 by quaint
quaint created the topic: Comfort Update to 121211
Hello,

I recently upgraded my LimeSurvey installation to 121211, however I've spotted a couple of glitches with the upgrade.

Firstly, when running the comfortupdate to 121211, the $rooturl problem described here returns - the survey URLs are displayed as IP addresses rather than the domain name specified in config.php.

Secondly, I no longer appear to be able to modify sub-questions. I have read through the document here however I don't think that the same issue is at fault.

Just for testing purposes, I did a clean install of 121211 into a new subdirectory on my server, creating a new DB. This solved the modify sub-questions problem - I was able to add, delete and edit just fine. I deleted that install and created another fresh install, this time pointing my existing LimeSurvey database; again the sub-questions worked fine.

In the new fresh installs though, the rooturl problem was still evident; surveys links are being reported by IP address, and this persisted even with the config.php from a known working backup.

For the live install, I copied back from the backup zip created by comfortupdate in the /tmp folder, which restores the expected survey URL issue, however it doesn't appear to fix the subquestions issue.

So my options appear to be:

1) Use a fresh (non-comfortupdate) install of 121211 and find another way of fixing the root url bug

2) Keep the URLs correct, but not be able to add sub-questions.

At the moment, I think I'm going to have to use option 2; if I need to add in a new survey before a bug fix I can create a fresh database install then port over the survey structure to the working-URL version.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #90074 by quaint
quaint replied the topic: Comfort Update to 121211
Now this is particularly odd - I can add and modify sub-questions again.

Haven't touched anything - not a sausage - but for some reason it's behaving as expected.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Did you already participate in our customer survey?

Don't miss your chance for great prices.

Please click here to participate:

Start now

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now