Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address.

More
5 years 2 months ago #86359 by havoc64
havoc64 created the topic: Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address.
I have lime survey installed on a Windows 2003 Server with PHP and all the required additions. It's working great but we have an issue.

Our server is behind the DMZ. The firewall has the external IP address for our external customers. The server is on an internal IP address.

When when a customer visits the Limesurvey from the outside they use the 165.x.x.x IP address.

When we create a survey, and we use tokens, LimeSurvey utilizes the internal 192.X.X.X IP Address. Is there a way to change that so that it will use the 165.X.X.X address?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #86407 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address.
Hello,

See rooturl configuration option.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
5 years 2 months ago #86414 by havoc64
havoc64 replied the topic: Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address.
Thanks Denis

More
5 years 2 months ago #86416 by havoc64
havoc64 replied the topic: Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address.
Well I have searched the installer directory and there are no fewer than 5 copies of that config.php. Also it appears to reference a file location and not the Web address. Is that the same place for me to put in the IP address? What portion of the $rooturl would I change?

More
5 years 2 months ago #86418 by holch
holch replied the topic: Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address.
Which version of Limesurvey do you use? 1.9x or 2.x?

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
5 years 2 months ago #86419 by havoc64

More
5 years 2 months ago #86421 by holch
holch replied the topic: Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address.
Then the config is the one in the root folder of limesurvey. And there should be only one.

I think you need to change rooturl there. At the moment it is recognizing the url automatically, this is why your internal IP shows up.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.

More
5 years 2 months ago #86422 by havoc64
I am using the WindowStack and there's not a root Lime Survey folder. If I go to the Apache2 folder there's a Limesurvey folder there as well as another in the Apps folder.

More
5 years 2 months ago #86424 by holch
Not sure what the "windowstack" is, but within the web folder (usually called something like htdocs or public_html or something you should have a folder with the limesurvey files. In this folder, there should be a config.php.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!