I don't know what half of these terms mean

More
4 years 7 months ago #86425 by holch
holch replied the topic: I don't know what half of these terms mean
The installation manual is based on version 1.92 I think and LS 2.00 is totally different in its structure, so the solutions desribed in the installation manual probably is not working for the newest version.

I just installed LS 2.0 on my XAMPP yesterday night and everything went fine. Did you create the database correctly, is all the information correct? (PW, database name, user, etc.)

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #86478 by holch
holch replied the topic: I don't know what half of these terms mean
Did you try to create the database before with a tool like PHPmyAdmin and then insert the information like database name, user and password?

I am using LS 2.0 for test purposes on a Windows Notebook with XAMPP installed and installation worked like a charm.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
4 years 7 months ago #86479 by relliott
relliott replied the topic: I don't know what half of these terms mean
Holch,

Yes, I created the database before, let LS create the database, and tried a million other combinations in the path name.

I finally gave up, removed 2.0, and installed 1.92. It worked just great! The config.php and config-default.php files just did not work for me in 2.0 . . . don't know why, but I hope 1.92 will go smoothly.

More
4 years 7 months ago #86571 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: I don't know what half of these terms mean

eftcolumbus wrote: I would recommend add something like this to the beginning of the installation part of the manual. If I had read THIS I would be immediately comforted.

Our manual is a wiki. Simply click the "edit" link/icon and add some additional notes.

You can't do much wrong, there are backups of every revision.

Thanks for your feedback!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
4 years 7 months ago #86587 by eftcolumbus
eftcolumbus replied the topic: I don't know what half of these terms mean
I just tried to add a page to the wiki, both a new one and as a child under Installation and it said I do not have permission. I was logged in as myself. Is there a special secret?

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now