Problem installing limesurvey on centos: bounce control does not work

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #84738 by fransmarcelissen
fransmarcelissen created the topic: Problem installing limesurvey on centos: bounce control does not work
I have a problem installing limesurvey (1.92) on centos (6.3).
At first, after installing on centos, sending mail did not work. I use an external smtp server with a login code. The problem appeared to be selinux, that disables sending emails (! How the hell......). This problem was corrected with the command "setsebool httpd_can_sendmail=on".
However, now bounce control does not work. When I check bouncers, the check never ends. The errorlog does not display anything. I suspect this has also to do with selinux.
Has anyone succeeded in successfully installing limesurvey on centos? Or does anyone know what could be the problem?
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by fransmarcelissen.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #85531 by fransmarcelissen
fransmarcelissen replied the topic: Problem installing limesurvey on centos: bounce control does not work
Hi,
Unfortunately I did not recieve any reaction. So probably no-one uses centos? I thought it was one of the post popular linux distributions.
A smart colleage of mine found the solution: php-imap was not installed. So apparantly centos does not automatically install php-imap with php. Before I used ubuntu, and probably ubuntu installs php-imap automatically with php.
Can't it be considered a bug that limesurvey does not give an errormessage when a php module is missing? I think this should be checked automatically when installing limesurvey.
Frans

More
4 years 8 months ago #85539 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Problem installing limesurvey on centos: bounce control does not work
installation system only in 2.0 version, not in 1.92.

And we can't do "Admin sys" job for all web server installation. There are difference betwwen Debian/Centos/OpenSuze/Fedora/Ubuntu/LFS/Toutou/ .... ;)

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now