Install fails to do anything

More
5 years 4 months ago #82925 by medicnick
medicnick created the topic: Install fails to do anything
I've had a number of previous versions installed before but am attempting to install the current production 1.92+ as a fresh package (copied config from prior and set permissions to temp and upload). I also setup a new database with appropriate settings in config.

When going to: /admin/install/index.php it simply says "The LimeSurvey database does exist but it seems to be empty. Please run the install script to create the necessary tables."

The install link is for this same page, so it seems to be a loop that I cannot escape. The database is not modified.

What do you suggest?

Thanks,
Nick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #82929 by holch
holch replied the topic: Install fails to do anything
Are you sure that te config.php from the previous installation has all the correct settings for the new installation?

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
5 years 4 months ago #82936 by medicnick
medicnick replied the topic: Install fails to do anything
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I failed to update the directory to the new location in config.

Cheers,
Nick

More
5 years 4 months ago #82937 by holch
holch replied the topic: Install fails to do anything
Good to hear that this is solved.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!