Bounce Processing - missing survey and token header info in bounce email

More
5 years 6 months ago #79994 by swendell
swendell replied the topic: Bounce Processing - missing survey and token header info in bounce email
Yes, I have IMAP access to the bounced mail account, so what do we do now to troubleshoot bounces not being processed? We have determined the survey/token IDs are in the sent mail

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #79995 by swendell
swendell replied the topic: Bounce Processing - missing survey and token header info in bounce email
When I use Outlook to access the IMAP Inbox where the bounce messages are received; this is the Internet Header:

Return-Path:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Return-Path: <>
Message-ID: <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 11:42:35 -0400
From: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: Undeliverable: Invitation to participate in a survey
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-hMailServer-LoopCount: 1

No attachments on the bounce emails and not sure how to view any more then this in Outlook.

More
5 years 6 months ago #80010 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Bounce Processing - missing survey and token header info in bounce email

swendell wrote: No attachments on the bounce emails and not sure how to view any more then this in Outlook.

???

Maybe your mail server don't include the original message with header. It's strange. It work with postfix or mailman.

It work too with gmail smtp server, you can try with it.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
5 years 6 months ago #80027 by swendell
Should there be an attachment to each bounce mail containing the token/survey ID that LS checks?

More
5 years 6 months ago #80032 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Bounce Processing - missing survey and token header info in bounce email

swendell wrote: Should there be an attachment to each bounce mail containing the token/survey ID that LS checks?

Yep, attachment or included.

See : en.wikipedia.org/Non_delivery_report

The format for the reporting of administrative messages is defined by RFC 6522. A DSN may be a MIME multipart/report message composed of three parts:
- a human readable explanation;
- a machine parsable message/delivery-status, a list of "name: type; value" lines that state several possible fields; and
- the original message, or a portion thereof, as an entity of type message/rfc822.

In my configuration, i have some difficulty to separate "real bounced mail" and some "Autoresponder" ( message saying: "major Tom is stepping through the door, he's floating in a most peculiar way and can't answer to your mail").

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

More
5 years 6 months ago #80070 by swendell
Q: Should there be an attachment to each bounce mail containing the token/survey ID that LS checks?

A: Yep, attachment or included.

I have neither; what should I do to make this work?

More
5 years 6 months ago #80134 by DenisChenu

swendell wrote: I have neither; what should I do to make this work?

I don't understand why it don't work.

Did you put the "not read" flag in the mail.
Because LS look only at "non-read" message ( it's for memory consomption).

Denis

More
5 years 6 months ago #80136 by swendell
It does process the NEW (not read) message BUT takes no action.

More
5 years 6 months ago #80150 by DenisChenu
Hello,

I saw just somemore investigation to do. Don't know difference bettween your installation and mine :).

In admin/token.php:
Change
[code type=php-brief]if(@$mbox=imap_open('{'.$hostname.$flags.'}INBOX',$username,$pass))[/code]

by
[code type=php-brief]if($mbox=imap_open('{'.$hostname.$flags.'}INBOX',$username,$pass))[/code]

Maybe something with date time too ?

Put some "echo" after date test:
$datelastbounce= $datelcu;
$lastbounce = $thissurvey['bouncetime'];
echo "datelastbounce: $datelastbounce -- lastbounce: $lastbounce</br>";

( SMTP server / Imap server/ web server are on the same computer ?)

Denis

More
5 years 6 months ago #80192 by swendell
Q: "SMTP server / Imap server/ web server are on the same computer ?)"
A: Yes

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!