Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bounce Processing - missing survey and token header info in bounce email

Bounce Processing - missing survey and token header info in bounce email 4 years 3 months ago #79994

• swendell
  • Junior Lime
Yes, I have IMAP access to the bounced mail account, so what do we do now to troubleshoot bounces not being processed? We have determined the survey/token IDs are in the sent mail
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bounce Processing - missing survey and token header info in bounce email 4 years 3 months ago #79995

• swendell
  • Junior Lime
When I use Outlook to access the IMAP Inbox where the bounce messages are received; this is the Internet Header:

Return-Path:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Return-Path: <>
Message-ID: <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 11:42:35 -0400
From: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: Undeliverable: Invitation to participate in a survey
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-hMailServer-LoopCount: 1

No attachments on the bounce emails and not sure how to view any more then this in Outlook.

Bounce Processing - missing survey and token header info in bounce email 4 years 3 months ago #80010

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 1330
swendell wrote:
No attachments on the bounce emails and not sure how to view any more then this in Outlook.
???

Maybe your mail server don't include the original message with header. It's strange. It work with postfix or mailman.

It work too with gmail smtp server, you can try with it.

Denis
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core developpement are on my free time (Say thanks ?).
A bug not reported is a bug not corrected. | Please, read the documentation | La doc en français à besoin de vous

Bounce Processing - missing survey and token header info in bounce email 4 years 3 months ago #80027

• swendell
  • Junior Lime
Should there be an attachment to each bounce mail containing the token/survey ID that LS checks?

Bounce Processing - missing survey and token header info in bounce email 4 years 3 months ago #80032

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
swendell wrote:
Should there be an attachment to each bounce mail containing the token/survey ID that LS checks?
Yep, attachment or included.

See : en.wikipedia.org/Non_delivery_report
The format for the reporting of administrative messages is defined by RFC 6522. A DSN may be a MIME multipart/report message composed of three parts:
- a human readable explanation;
- a machine parsable message/delivery-status, a list of "name: type; value" lines that state several possible fields; and
- the original message, or a portion thereof, as an entity of type message/rfc822.

In my configuration, i have some difficulty to separate "real bounced mail" and some "Autoresponder" ( message saying: "major Tom is stepping through the door, he's floating in a most peculiar way and can't answer to your mail").

Denis
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core developpement are on my free time (Say thanks ?).
A bug not reported is a bug not corrected. | Please, read the documentation | La doc en français à besoin de vous

Bounce Processing - missing survey and token header info in bounce email 4 years 3 months ago #80070

• swendell
  • Junior Lime
Q: Should there be an attachment to each bounce mail containing the token/survey ID that LS checks?

A: Yep, attachment or included.

I have neither; what should I do to make this work?

Bounce Processing - missing survey and token header info in bounce email 4 years 3 months ago #80134

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
swendell wrote:
I have neither; what should I do to make this work?
I don't understand why it don't work.

Did you put the "not read" flag in the mail.
Because LS look only at "non-read" message ( it's for memory consomption).

Denis

Bounce Processing - missing survey and token header info in bounce email 4 years 3 months ago #80136

• swendell
  • Junior Lime
It does process the NEW (not read) message BUT takes no action.

Bounce Processing - missing survey and token header info in bounce email 4 years 3 months ago #80150

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
Hello,

I saw just somemore investigation to do. Don't know difference bettween your installation and mine :).

In admin/token.php:
Change
[code type=php-brief]if(@$mbox=imap_open('{'.$hostname.$flags.'}INBOX',$username,$pass))[/code]

by
[code type=php-brief]if($mbox=imap_open('{'.$hostname.$flags.'}INBOX',$username,$pass))[/code]

Maybe something with date time too ?

Put some "echo" after date test:
$datelastbounce= $datelcu;
$lastbounce = $thissurvey['bouncetime'];
echo "datelastbounce: $datelastbounce -- lastbounce: $lastbounce</br>";

( SMTP server / Imap server/ web server are on the same computer ?)

Denis

Bounce Processing - missing survey and token header info in bounce email 4 years 3 months ago #80192

• swendell
  • Junior Lime
Q: "SMTP server / Imap server/ web server are on the same computer ?)"
A: Yes
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds
Imprint                   Data Protection Statement                  Revocation information and revocation form