Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: Only blank page/server error after installation

Only blank page/server error after installation 5 years 10 months ago #54785

• flintstone
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I am trying to set up limesurvey on my laptop running Fedora to evaluate it but I can't get it working :( .

I use PHP, Apache 2 and mysql from the default installation. I copied the limesurvey directory to /var/www/html/limesurvey/ . The values in config.php are correct as far as I understand the documentation in docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=Installation

I now see two scenarios:
When the debug switch in config.php is set to 0 I receive an internal server error HTTP 500 when trying to access http://localhost/limesurvey/admin/install/ .
When the debug switch in config.php is set to 1 I only receive a blank page with HTTP code 200 .

I saw that the blank page problem is noted here docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=...ing_the_Install_page

so I made sure php-mysql is installed, there is only one php.ini on my system, the tmp directory is set to default and everybody has full rights on the session save path.

So now I don't really have a plan how to try it further. Hopefully somebody has a clue, the different behaviour depending on the debug switch is funny anyway.

Best regards,
Flint
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Only blank page/server error after installation 5 years 10 months ago #54843

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 373
You can test Limesurvey at our online Demo at Demo.limesurvey.org/admin (external link) which always runs the latest Limesurvey version.
Username: admin
Password: test

1. Could you run the install script or does it generally fail?

2. Download a simple PHP program to test if PHP works correctly, e.g. a simple phpinfo file. Just put the following code into a file named phpinfo.php and run it to your webserver:
< ?php phpinfo(); ? >
(Delete the spaces next to </> when copying the code.)

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Only blank page/server error after installation 5 years 10 months ago #54866

• flintstone
  • Fresh Lemon
Thx for your reply, actually it was my fault, the ExecCGI option was missing in the Apache configuration for the limesurvey directory. Interestingly I did the test you supposed before posting here and the output page looked fine (at least for me but I know little about PHP and web server programming), there was a lot of info on the PHP implementation. So to me it seems the test won't catch this admin fault.

Best regards,
flintstone
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds
Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form