Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!

No conection to remote PostgreSQL server.

More
6 years 3 months ago #52019 by mbbsm
Hi.

I have 2 instances instaled, the instance 1 in a computer with PostgreSQL server and the instance 2 in a computer conected to remote PostgreSQL server.

The instance 1 works fine, the instance 2 is not started, the only diference between 2 instances is the next config.php configuration:

Instance 1: $databaselocation = 'localhost';
Instance 2: $databaselocation = '192.168.1.1';

The error what appears in the instance 2 during try started is the next: Can't connect to LimeSurvey database. Reason: Database connection failed. I suspect that the syntax for adding a remote address is not correct.

Thanks in advanced and greetings.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #52093 by DenisChenu
I think configuration are OK, but:
did the postgresql here at * or only at localhost ?
did the firewall are opened ?

:)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

More
6 years 3 months ago #52120 by mbbsm
Hi Shnoulle.

I have others applications running with that configuration (remote PostgreSQL server).

Thanks.

More
6 years 3 months ago #52131 by DenisChenu
Do you have some connection log on the postgresql server ?

Please switch on debug mode by adding the following line to your config.php file:
$debug = '1';

And look if there are more detail .

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

More
6 years 3 months ago #52144 by Mazi
Please search the forum for postgres problems, you might have to change some configuration setting.

Are both PCs within the same network? Becaue the IP you set as $databaselocation seems to belong to a local network. If trying to reach that DB-server from the web, that will fail.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form