Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can't import designs

• crowlex
  • crowlex's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #176152 by crowlex
Can't import designs was created by crowlex
Hello

I am installing a new Limesurvey Server at work. They want me to import the old design templates from our old Limesurvey server. My problem is, that the import button in configuration - design templates is grayed out.
When hovering over the button with the mouse, a message appears saying that some directories are not writable and that i should change the directory permissions for /tmp and /upload/themes.
In these directories there even are readme.txt files that tell me that this specific folder need 777 or 775 permission.

So I changed the permissions on these folders + the /application/config folder with
"chmod 777 --recursive FOLDERNAME"
and there is no change, the button is still grayed out. I restarted apache on the server but there is still no change.

I am starting to pull my hair out here because I have no clue what the problem may be here. The only problem I think is, is that I must have had these permissions set before I started the installation programm the first time you call Limesurvey with the browser.

I would appreciate any kind of help and hope I don't need to reinstall Limesurvey to import some designs.

Cheers and have a nice day
Crowlex
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 4 months ago #176159 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Can't import designs

crowlex wrote: I am installing a new Limesurvey Server at work. They want me to import the old design templates from our old Limesurvey server.

What LimeSurvey version is used on the new installation? What on the old installation?
Perhaps you can save the time importing old stuff.

Who did the Apache/PHP setup on the new server? Depending on the setup, a permission 777 can be forbidden as well. Depends on the settings of the PHP-handler with Apache.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • crowlex
More
5 years 4 months ago #176163 by crowlex
Replied by crowlex on topic Can't import designs
Thank you for your reply

The version of the old Limesurvey server is: 2.00+ Build 131202
The version of the new Limesurvey server is: 3.14.8+180829

I am the one who made the new Limesurvey server. I changed the permissions of the required directories to 777 to see if that works and because I was not sure which user Limesurvey uses. I read somewhere though that Limesurvey uses the apache user.
Thing is, that I had changed the ownership of the limesurvey directory to apache before the installation on the browser.
The permissions look like this and are recursive:
drwxr-xr-x 15 apache limesurv_g 4096 Aug 29 11:23 limesurvey

What is the PHP-handler and where can I check if it's settings are the problem?
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 4 months ago #176164 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Can't import designs
2.00 templates are not compatible with the 3.x versions. You will need to create new themes.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, crowlex
  • crowlex
More
5 years 4 months ago #176165 by crowlex
Replied by crowlex on topic Can't import designs
Interestingly the import button works now, but you are right, I cannot import 2.00 templates.
Thanks for the help guys

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose