Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Next/Submit Button not working after first question

• Nara1992
  • Nara1992's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #174802 by Nara1992
Hey everyone,

I am currently trying to find out about a weird bug I have encountered in LimeSurvey for a customer. We are currently using Version 2.64.7 as far as I can tell. We are about to upgrade soon, but we encountered this error now, which puts a halt to everything. As usal our normal limeSurvey developer is not currently working.

When I open a survey, everything seems normal. It still works when I click next on the first question group. But on the second group this happens:

When the first group had mandatory questions: When I click on Next/Submit on the second group it reloads the first group with validation error of the mandatory questions.

When the first group did not have mandatory questions: It reloads the second group after clicking the Next/Submit Button. SO I can't go any further than the second question group. It doesn't throw any JS-Error. Also this happens on the default template as well.

The installation worked well 2 weeks ago, so i don't know what changed. Also I am at the end of the line for finding the source of this error. I checked every question in the forums, but I can't find any solution.

Thank you for your time.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 6 months ago #174807 by jelo
Without look at the survey itself, I wouldn't rule out a issue inside the survey structure.

Export survey as lss and import survey again (it will be a copy, which should be renamed).
Try again. Same issue? Try to delete parts of the survey. Will the issue vanish or are all parts showing the issue?

Try a different browser as well.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • Nara1992
More
5 years 6 months ago #174810 by Nara1992
Sorry for not clarifying earlier, but this happens not in this single survey, but all across all surveys present (>200 surveys total). So it can't be a single survey. I suspect something with the installation or something else.

I still tried it out and no result. I also tried different browsers already.
  • Nara1992
More
5 years 6 months ago #174811 by Nara1992
Should mention that single question group surveys are finde and still work
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #174813 by LouisGac
it was working fine. You have not updated the software. Now it doesn't work.
Conclusion: something changed in server configuration, I bet on an update of PHP
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #174861 by DenisChenu
Or : manual.limesurvey.org/Troubleshooting#Af...d_not_be_verified.27

Look at your max_input_vars in phpinfo, 2 solutions : cur your second group with less question or put a big number in max_input_vars

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose