Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Internal server error on bounce processing (2.6.7-lts Build 171212)

• AdrianB
  • AdrianB's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #173484 by AdrianB
I have one particular survey that causes Apache to return an "Error 500" when bounce processing is initiated. The access log entry looks like this:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [05/Sep/2018:17:04:05 +1000] "GET /limesurvey/index.php/admin/tokens/sa/bounceprocessing/surveyid/468744?YII_CSRF_TOKEN=8befe25ecc9e373b42f62487b0d26577725387d3 HTTP/1.1" 500 428 " somedomain.org.au/limesurvey/index.php/a...owse/surveyid/468744 " "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:61.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/61.0"

When I turn on PHP debugging, the message is:

Sep 5 14:51:22 sphinx-frontend apache2: PHP Notice: Trying to get property 'emailstatus' of non-object in /var/www/limesurvey/application/controllers/admin/tokens.php on line 198

It seems like there is something about the records in this survey's token table that is causing the crash, but I can't spot the problem. The survey uses a customised language that we installed manually, but there are other surveys that also use that language, and they work fine with bounce processing. It's just one survey and its token table that encounter the problem.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or something about my survey/token data that is wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Adrian.

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by AdrianB.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 6 months ago #173487 by jelo
What PHP version is uses?

How many items are in the respondent token table?
Can you spot any uncommon values in the emailstatus field?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #173496 by DenisChenu
Seems we didn't test if we have a record. Then if token is deleted or survey was deactivated/activated between mail and bounce processing : it broke.

Issue reported here : bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=14031
(but if you can test with a 3.14 version it's better)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • AdrianB
  • AdrianB's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #173546 by AdrianB
Thanks for your answers. We have discovered that the issue occurred because there was a response for that token in response table, but no corresponding token record in the token table for that response.

Once I removed the offending response from the responses table, bounce processing started to work again for this survey.

In answer to Jelo's questions: we're running PHP7.2 and there are 510 tokens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 6 months ago #173559 by DenisChenu

AdrianB wrote: Once I removed the offending response from the responses table, bounce processing started to work again for this survey.

Great :)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose