Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Survey loops round to start without confirming completion

More
5 years 10 months ago #169941 by mills
Using Latest Stable (Version 3.11.0+180612) - having upgraded from 2.7.

I created a new survey which behaved as expected on preview. It also behaves as expected after putting it live, and logged in on the same browser.

However, if I use a different browser session, or a different browser (or a different device) the survey doesn't show the completion message and instead just displays the survey from the start again. The answers ARE being stored however.

I've tried changing the theme (bootswatch, vanilla and fruity) but that made no difference. I've also tried changing the presentation to Group/All in one - no difference. Also turned off 'Automatically load URL' - no change.

I've not seen this problem before - has anyone else come across it?
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 10 months ago #169948 by tpartner
That sounds like expected behaviour. Unless using tokens, if you access the survey from a different device or browser, a new session will be initiated so the survey starts from the beginning.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
5 years 10 months ago #169981 by mills
No - this is for the same user on the same device - no completion message, just looping to the beginning after finishing the survey.

(I tested using multiple browser/devices to see if I could narrow down the cause, each session looped).
More
5 years 10 months ago #169982 by mills
Now upgraded to the latest, latest stable release: limesurvey3.12.1+180616

I created a new survey, with just 1 question to test, using the stock themes.

I'm trying to pin this down but it looks like the behaviour has now changed (I didn't spot anything relevant in the outstanding bugs).

It now looks like Firefox and IE work, but Edge does not. On submitting the survey using Edge the survey just restarts AND the answers are NOT saved now (just an incomplete response with no answers stored).

Anyone else tested using Edge?
More
5 years 9 months ago #170050 by mills

mills wrote: Anyone else tested using Edge?

Can anyone confirm surveys successfully submit OK with Edge (on the latest stable release)?
  • tpartner
More
5 years 9 months ago #170061 by tpartner
Yes, version 3.12.1 surveys submit as expected using Edge.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
5 years 9 months ago #170065 by atosspm
I have the same issue as described above. In Internet Explorer everything is fine, but in Chrome (or Safari) the survey just restarts instead of showing my End-URL.

Any ideas how to solve that? I am also on 3.12.1
  • tpartner
More
5 years 9 months ago #170066 by tpartner
Can you attach a small test survey?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

More
5 years 9 months ago #170067 by atosspm
I just checked the bug tracker and there is already an issue about it: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=13790
(I need to figure out first how to attach a survey, will get back about it.)
  • holch
More
5 years 9 months ago #170070 by holch
Go to the survey, go to export, choose .lss

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
5 years 9 months ago #170072 by atosspm
Thanks, here is a small demo. It's set to automatically redirect to the End-URL. It works in IE but not in Chrome and Safari (I currently don't have access to any other browser for testing.)

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...6-19.lss
File Size:13 KB
  • holch
More
5 years 9 months ago #170074 by holch
Tried it and it works just fine with Chrome, as long as the survey is activated.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose