How to filter Array answers by previous multiple question sub questions answers?

More
1 month 1 week ago #168398 by zserban
zserban replied the topic: How to filter Array answers by previous multiple question sub questions answers?
This is just an example. You could ask this two questions and have many other on each subject (products and problems problem encounter with them).

It's why it's a good idea to be able to filter or use relevance equation on array answers, in addition to subquestions.

Such a setup allows the scripter program a dynamic questionnaire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #168400 by holch
holch replied the topic: How to filter Array answers by previous multiple question sub questions answers?
I totally agree that it would be good to have this feature. I think I even have made feature requests about that in the past. For now I don't see it coming any time soon. So you need to find a solution now.

Did you do a feature request or add a comment to an existing feature request?

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: zserban

More
1 month 1 week ago #168405 by zserban
zserban replied the topic: How to filter Array answers by previous multiple question sub questions answers?
I have not, since I thought that there must be some `trick` to use in such a case. For now, I simply let them use the full list of answers, will have to see how good of an option that was.

I don't mind making a feature request, and maybe the devs will find some way to do it.
I would even ask for multiple answers on arrays if it was up to me :) I can see that being pretty useful.

We have to think how we can make the interviews easier and less time consuming for respondents.

More
1 month 1 week ago #168414 by Joffm
Joffm replied the topic: How to filter Array answers by previous multiple question sub questions answers?
Just to add:

There is a bug report already for the not existing functionality on x-axis.

And - hopefully - the "hideEmptyColumns" plugin will be made ready for 3.x

For now, I simply let them use the full list of answers, will have to see how good of an option that was.

Of course you can do the validation to avoid them to select a product which they do nor have.

Joffm

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!