URL Link To my Survey doesn't work

More
7 months 1 week ago #165238 by holch
holch replied the topic: URL Link To my Survey doesn't work

Djulian wrote: Having no knowledges about informatique doesn't make an idiot you know... I'm trying.

And that is why we are still here and trying to help you.

but no need to tell me things like I'm a lazy retard (" you are not willing to invest money into your future"

No one is saying you are a lazy retard. I am just highlighting that if you look at it from a different perspective, it is actually not that expensive, compared to what we often spend on other things. I don't know you, I don't know your situation. But if I look back to my time as a student I would also have tried to get this up and running as cheap as possible. But looking back, I am sure I could have spent this money on it if I would have wanted to. Even if it looked very expensive at that time. If you put it into perspective with other things that we spend money on, it doesn't look that much anymore. Just that. And we gave you many alternatives.

"somebody like you without knowledge"

Well, we are talking about the very basics of how the internet works. It is no problem, if you don't know about this. But this also means that you need to be willing to learn quite a bit about how web applications like Limesurvey work. Many are not willing to invest that time, either because they actually lazy or because they really have a lot of other stuff to do to get their thesis done, which is totally understandable. And the whole thing of installing a webapplication for the first time can be a scary thing. But if you are willing to learn and invest some of your time it is well worth it and it actually is quite easy. Some hosters even offer 1-click installst of software like Limesurvey.

Maybe you meant no offense but the way of telling this and jumping to these conclusions is offensive.

No, I am quite sure no one meant any offense. I might be a little bit sarcastic at times, though.

But at the end of it comes down to a few things:
You will (should) invest at least a little bit of money in a decent webhosting package (if your university doesn't offer this for free as i mentioned above)
You will have to invest some time and brain to install it. But I think anyone who has the ability to get a university degree (and is not totally scared of technolgy) will be able to get this running. And if there are specific questions, there is always this forum.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!