Help with a certain survey question type

More
4 months 4 days ago #164269 by Kabengwa
Kabengwa created the topic: Help with a certain survey question type
A client created a survey. however when they answer a given question later they wanted to create an option but not show those that where not selected previously. Not sure am making alot of sense . this works for certain fields and only those selected at the start are shown however on a certain question all the options are shown even those that are not selected or chossen at the start of the survey. i have attached some images. How can i remove the last 3 options that i dont need?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 days ago #164273 by Joffm
Joffm replied the topic: Help with a certain survey question type
Hi,
Looks like it is a German survey.

So please write it in the German section. Maybe I understand better without language gap.

And best, provide an example (only the main questions as *.lss)

Best regards
Joffm

More
4 months 4 days ago #164277 by Kabengwa
Kabengwa replied the topic: Help with a certain survey question type
okay i dont think language is an issue let me explain ... the image that has 1 is the first and its for writing the departments that the person belongs to and then the second image is for a matrix of helping to map communication among these departments. So what i want to archive is when a client is answering this survey and doesnt put all 7 departments and say has only 4 like above then when they reach that second question i want them to only see four options and not all of them with the blank ones

mark.toughblue.com/index.php/189215?lang=en that is the link to the survey ..u can just put in any random answers until u get the the page i put above

Am going to add the images with english this time .
Attachments:

More
4 months 4 days ago #164278 by holch
holch replied the topic: Help with a certain survey question type
Well, no one really wants to "randomly" click through a survey to help here on the forum. Make it as easy as possible to help. Which is why Joffm asked for a LSS file with ONLY the relevant questions. This way to be able to test things and give examples the responders here do not have to create their own survey just to mimik what you want to do.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
4 months 4 days ago #164282 by Kabengwa
okay thought he wanted more details that way... let me try to get you that.
Thanks for the response

More
4 months 4 days ago #164283 by Kabengwa
here are the questions that i have.
Attachments:

More
4 months 3 days ago #164287 by Joffm
Hm, seems to be a difference between the survey "mark.toughblue.com/index.php/189215?lang=en" and the *.lss (841626).

Just importing and running the survey I get:

and then

I think, this is the desired result.

But running the survey of your link I get:

So - except of some layout issues this lss seems to work as expected.

Joffm
Attachments:

More
4 months 3 days ago #164306 by Kabengwa
Yes that is the desired result. Interesting!!! what could be the issue ? is it a server setup issue because to me that would be the only problem since both are on the server here.... maybe i am going to try and import the .lss file that i sent you then update you.

Thank you so much for the support.

More
4 months 3 days ago #164309 by jelo
jelo replied the topic: Help with a certain survey question type

Kabengwa wrote: Yes that is the desired result. Interesting!!! what could be the issue ?

Wouldn't it be interesting to compare the used version of LimeSurvey? Not mentioned in this thread.

More
4 months 2 days ago #164417 by Kabengwa
I am using Version 2.72.3+171020.

My client decided to change the question so did not keep trying to solve it ... but wil continue later and see if maybe its a problem with my version.

More
3 months 22 hours ago #165893 by patu
patu replied the topic: Help with a certain survey question type
I currently have the very same problem right now. I have seen everything here and started editing my project from my LimeSurvey installation that is of version LimeSurvey
Version 3.5.3, I am using the online installation offered by LimeSurvey. buy the cells on the x axis keeps appearing when they have not been added yet . i suspect it may be an issue with the equation for relevance or something but just cannot get it to work .. i really need help with this. i am going to attach a question group and an image of the logic.

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...up_1.lsg
File Size:11 KB
Attachments:

More
3 months 21 hours ago #165896 by Joffm
It doesn't work in "group by group" modus.
Do it "question by question".

Joffm
Attachments:

More
3 months 21 hours ago #165897 by jelo

Joffm wrote: It doesn't work in "group by group" modus.

It really needs the question by question display mode? Or will it work if both questions are not in the same group as well? So group by group mode wouldn't be the root issue?

More
3 months 21 hours ago #165898 by patu
patu replied the topic: Help with a certain survey question type
It doesn't work in "group by group" modus.

Am new to this please help me understand what you mean here. All i know is that the two questions are in the same group.

Thank you for the response.

More
3 months 20 hours ago #165900 by jelo
Move the second question to a different questiongroup and check if it is working now.

"Question by question" is one of three formats, how LimeSurvey can display surveys.
manual.limesurvey.org/General_settings

Format: It allows you to choose the way in which the questions will be displayed to the survey respondents. Three options are available:
Question by Question : The questions will be displayed one by one (one question per page). If this option is picked up, a separate "welcome" page and "end" page will be displayed when taking the survey;
Group by Group : Each survey page will display a question group. Also, a separate "welcome" page and "end" page will still be displayed when taking the survey, as in the "Question by Question" surveys;
All in one : If chosen, all the pages will be displayed on a single page. If you select this option, no separate pages exist for the "welcome" and "end" pages - they will all appear on the same page, together with the questions.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!