Not Acceptable: An appropriate representation of the requested resource /ratings

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #163434 by abudzarr
abudzarr created the topic: Not Acceptable: An appropriate representation of the requested resource /ratings
I am using LS version 171020,

Everything is going fine with my first survey, until I need to send out email invitation. I get the above 406 error as titled.
'An appropriate representation of the requested resource /ratings/index.php/admin/tokens/sa/email/surveyid/##### could not be found on this server.'

I have seen this error earlier when I tried to save changes to email confirmation template. My workaround then was to make the template changes directly at the mysql table. And it was successful. I was able to get email confirmation upon completing a survey.

Unfortunately, I keep getting the above error whenever I tried to send an email invitation. I have tried to change .htaccess by adding these lines.

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

but there is no positive effect. I am on a shared server.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #163459 by LouisGac
LouisGac replied the topic: Not Acceptable: An appropriate representation of the requested resource /ratings
could you please open a bug report about it?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #163474 by jelo
jelo replied the topic: Not Acceptable: An appropriate representation of the requested resource /ratings

abudzarr wrote: but there is no positive effect. I am on a shared server.

Do you have access to error logfiles of the apache / php setup? Are you sure that your provider allows you to deactivate modsecurity via htaccess? If you think, that LimeSurvey is triggering a ModSecurity rule it might be better to contact your admin first.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #163640 by abudzarr
abudzarr replied the topic: Not Acceptable: An appropriate representation of the requested resource /ratings
I went to the bug reporting page. But the only version to report is 3.0 and 3.1. I am using 2.7.x

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #163642 by abudzarr
abudzarr replied the topic: Not Acceptable: An appropriate representation of the requested resource /ratings
I think my ModSecurity rule has been deactivated, as I have contacted my server provider earlier when I could not enter scripts into the html editor. I am not sure if changing .htaccess from my side will be of any use. I just copied some of the workaround that has been suggested in this forum.

BTW I am not too troubled with this issue. I just mass emailed all the invitations.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!