Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Who knows anything about the 2008 version?

More
6 years 3 months ago #162127 by ajbe
So I was a relatively early adopter of Lime Survey and have used it for a simple survey I do every two years for a single client. It has served me tirelessly and without problem since 2008. A web designer embedded it into my website using Joomla. My plan was to get through this next survey and then do a wholesale revamp of my 10-year-old website, including updating to the newer LimeSurvey.

Alas, today, when I go to login to my LimeSurvey to prep this bi-annual survey, it throws me two warnings.
Warning: Unknown: open(/home/content/72/3356672/tmp/sess_kh4uqjjrlnsa57523rmeglnv41, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0
Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0

So I need your advice. I'm supposed to launch this survey in one week. Do I abandon ship and just use surveymonkey or some other icky offering? Or can someone help me troubleshoot these warnings? Or can someone help me install the new LimeSurvey into my ancient Joomla-based website, and I will deal with it again when I do a whole website revamp? Sadly, I know a bit of php but this whole Joomla thing is foreign to me. I can access the files, though.

Thanks. This forum was magic back in 2008. I'll bet it still is.
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 3 months ago #162131 by jelo
Looks more like a change in your hosting environment. If session files can no longer be written by PHP on your webspace it isn't an issue which can be solved via this forum. You should consult your provider if your webserver still got the PHP and security settings to run an old Joomla and LimeSurvey application.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
More
6 years 3 months ago #162165 by ajbe
That makes sense to me. I will look into that. Thank you.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose