Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to setup SSL/HTTPS?

• tomr29
  • tomr29's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #159519 by tomr29
How to setup SSL/HTTPS? was created by tomr29
Hi,

After doing some googling I remain confused on how to set up SSL/HTTPS on my LimeSurvey application Linux box. I know I need to obtain a valid certificate, the question is once I get the cert where do I put it within my linux box? In other words, what directory do I put the cert in? Then once I get the cert installed in the proper area what do I need to do in the config.php files? The current documentation I can find on the subject isn't clear....at least to me. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 5 months ago #159526 by holch
Replied by holch on topic How to setup SSL/HTTPS?
This has nothing to do with Limesurvey. Your question is regarding how to install a certificate on your server. So you should find a forum that is targeted towards this.

For Limesurvey you usually do not have to do anything, just use the https URL later (you can also force LS to use https in the admin.

But your question itself has little to do with Limesurvey, but with server configuration. So you should ask your server admin, he/she should know what to do.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
6 years 5 months ago #159549 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic How to setup SSL/HTTPS?
+1 for holch, but i am in a good mood today, the i give links
certbot.eff.org/
community.letsencrypt.org/

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose